ES 11-22-16

trading for tests of YD highs in overnight ...charts/ vid to follow

edit...this is more about context in reference to yesterdays incomplete bell curve......I think that need to fill in a bit today and it looks like yesterday was more of a struggle to go higher
No video below? Try this link: Tuesday.swf

so based on the study mentioned at end of video then the high or low from yesterday is only broken 25 % of the time at some point after noon times E.S.T...I'll find study and post a link to it later
NQ is the future. The current front month is Z (December) and after rollover it will be H (March)... Z16 and H17.

Originally posted by brent.t

Just a quick question,, whats the symbol for the index that the nq is based on.. when I looked there are about 10 different NAsdaq indexes... cant figure out which one i need...anyone help me on this????
Thanks Daytrading what I was after is the actual index the futures contract is based on, when i do a search it comes up with quite a few indexes called Nasdaq..
the way I understand it the ES is based on the SPX S&P stock index so I was wanting what the NQ is based on...if that makes sense...
Ah... it's the NDX.
Which is the Nasdaq-100.

Originally posted by brent.t

Thanks Daytrading what I was after is the actual index the futures contract is based on, when i do a search it comes up with quite a few indexes called Nasdaq..
the way I understand it the ES is based on the SPX S&P stock index so I was wanting what the NQ is based on...if that makes sense...
Thanks for that.. mucho appreciated...
hey where'd you all go... did ya all make a quick hit on the markets and done a runner!!!!! lol