ES 5-10-17

Making this on Tuesday night for Wednesday trade...hoping to refine areas if time before market opens in the morning
No video below? Try this link: wednesday.swf

edit : Update 9:18 Wednesday morning
No video below? Try this link: update.swf

please let me know if you can hear these
here is ledge at "E, F and G" period lows...in theory we should see those get taken out
Click image for original size
daysession
now all we need it to have buyers get tired of playing with the POC and the pivot number and we should be able to see some selling down to at least 93.75
the astute trader will realize that there is a gap in the data that sits up at 96.25 ( confirmed on two sources) ....so I think we have two scenarios.

1) we go up and fill in that gap and then break the ledge down at 94 or 2) we break the ledge and then expect price to find support and go back up and take out the 96.25

I'm hoping it is scenario two and I wont bother trying the long but know many who will and will use the 92 - 94 area as support to try the long side trade
I'm looking into this but for some reason my 5 spy contracts that I bought back ( or so I thought) didn't get filled yesterday.......so I covered all ten this morning...this was a bonus...not bragging just posting it as I know some have interest in options here.
Click image for original size
spytrade
Your question from yesterday...I like the one minute for the opening range...some prefer 5 minute but to me one minute is more suited to my style and what I have gotten use to
Originally posted by Padmaja

oh i see above
I'm hoping the single prints on the Ib breakout will also help as an attractor to pull price back for that retest and bust the 94's
cool...almost perfect short trade....I'm sitting out any long try for that 96.25 gap but would be using 92- 94 as a support zone...u really don't want see it hitting under 92 now if you are trying the aggressive long....remember gaps in the data are my least favorite nuance !
this video is an attempt to explain my thinking on the above "scenario" post....hopefully this will be more clear and show the gaps in the data too
No video below? Try this link: finale.swf

Originally posted by BruceM

here is ledge at "E, F and G" period lows...in theory we should see those get taken out

I missed that for i shorted 95.75 for a different reason will post from TOS. but my target was 94 for your reasons. this was extremely helpful

is there a certain time period ur looking to be taken out? do u have any criteria?
Originally posted by Padmaja

cool...almost perfect short trade....I'm sitting out any long try for that 96.25 gap but would be using 92- 94 as a support zone...u really don't want see it hitting under 92 now if you are trying the aggressive long....remember gaps in the data are my least favorite nuance !

i dont see the gap.. overnight it went to that.

pls ignore this.. i cant change it or delete this.