discount brokers

i have a question for all you traders out there. who do you use as your broker, what do you pay and are you happy with them? if so, why?

i'll get the ball rolling. i use emini direct (www.eminidirect.com) and pay 3.42/side for the nqoos that i trade. happy with them and the j-trader platform.
No I didn't call them. There was someone on a another topic in here (hang on - let me find it...)
Emini Day Trading Software

...that was looking for a trading platform + broker combo and so my curiosity was continuing with this unusual combo of yours that I have never heard of. I suppose there must be hundreds of brokers out there and now it's even easier to set-up electronic brokerages because it is all equipment run and needs little human interaction.

I get a ridiculously good deal from my broker so I don't need to negotiate a better deal but I am surprised that bands of traders haven't got together (I mentioned this somewhere else as well - perhaps in that thread above) to negotiate better prices as a group and that you can't join that group to get the same sort of deal...?
Whats your deal? Maybe I can follow your lead. Who do you go thru.
The deal is as a result of a business that I am associated with and so is not open to the general public - unfortunately - otherwise I would love to invite everyone in with the same deal. My apologies that I can't help you there.

If any brokers are reading this and you can offer an 'exceptional deal' here then please post your deal. If possible, please give us the total cost for a Round Trip for 1 ES contract including all commissions, fees and taxes.
You cant even tell me where? thanks bro, you probably work for a brokerage and just fishing for info. What kind of volume does your "business" do? if we cant get it then it doesnt hurt to let us know anyway. How uncool of you.
My apologies Trader Guy. The broker is Spike Trading Services (www.spiketrading.com) and I believe that their office is in the same building as the CME - I learned this from the guys at Ninja Trader who said that they had a 'solid operation' when they adapted Ninja to run with the Spike systems. I hope this helps you.
...actually I think that Ninja adapted their product to run with Pat Systems which is what Spike use... if I understood correctly what they did.
Yes runs off PATS
quote:
Originally posted by George Soros

i have a question for all you traders out there. who do you use as your broker, what do you pay and are you happy with them? if so, why?

i'll get the ball rolling. i use emini direct (www.eminidirect.com) and pay 3.42/side for the nqoos that i trade. happy with them and the j-trader platform.

I wonder If you got your answer George.
I trade the minis ES for 3 years i was with RCG and paid 3.25/side very nice platform user friendly. but as they say we must shop around for the best value and MB Trading have the price 2.25/side and that is it no hidden charges BTW the exchange fees come out of this price. service oriented you get the desk on the second ring they don't waist time to ask for your Acct number unless you have a trade question. And I suggest you try Quote Tracker they have the best platform I ever used and I have used quite a number of them.
Hi inventor. I have 2 accounts at the moment. One of them is with STS and they are good but I am always looking around to make sure that there isn't a better deal somewhere else.

What platform does RCG use and what was it about that platform that you liked?

Somebody else has also mentioned MB Trading to me so I am going to take a look at them when I have time.

As for QuoteTracker: I tried the software about 2 years ago and did not like it, BUT, a lot can happen in 2 years and I guess that's about the right interval between trying the next version of anybody's software. Which of QuoteTracker's features is it that you like? Which indicators do you use with the ES?
quote:

Hi inventor. I have 2 accounts at the moment. One of them is with STS and they are good but I am always looking around to make sure that there isn't a better deal somewhere else.

What platform does RCG use and what was it about that platform that you liked?

Somebody else has also mentioned MB Trading to me so I am going to take a look at them when I have time.

As for Quote Tracker: I tried the software about 2 years ago and did not like it, BUT, a lot can happen in 2 years and I guess that's about the right interval between trying the next version of anybody's software. Which of Quote Tracker's features is it that you like? Which indicators do you use with the ES?

RCG uses iFocus software and as far as what i like, nothing in particular as futures platforms go it is self standing. the only reason i mention it for back ground info and to led up to Quote Tracker software witch is the best in my opinion and their are many trading software that can be incorporated with it. plus the fact the laptop real estate is so limited, with Quote Tracker I have portfolio windows, 4 charts, raw data/time & sales, level II, futures trading platform and Bloomberg TV in one screen and any info I need is one click away. For ES indicators I use MACD 12,26,9 SST 14,9 and momentum 14,3 (-13,4).
quote:

I don't use any oscillators or momentum indicators like you do - not that there's anything wrong with that - but I use support and resistance levels to trade off - both dynamic and static. So an example of a static support level would be the value areas or point of control from the previous day and a dynamic one would be the developing point of control or value areas for the current day. Then there are the initial balances and multiples thereof and also single prints and other market profile defined areas. I sometimes chart things like MACD or stochastics or a moving average but more out of curiosity than anything else. I used to be a fan of Bollinger Bands but I found that for some reason my discipline was no good when I was trading with them. I worked out a system with Bollinger Bands but just couldn't stick to it and I could never work out why I could not stay with the plan so I abandoned it in the end.

Thanks for sharing your trading strategy I have to research this because is Little over my head or knowledge.