No registration required! (Why?)

OR noodling on a rainy weekend

Most of us it seems are trading some version of an OR breakout. Some are trading only ES and some, like I am trading ES and CL.

CL has been a revelation so I went back and looked at a few random months in the past to see how it would fare compared to ES.

The rules I used are as follows. 1M OR. All in/All out.

1st ES target equals extension of OR range. If that was a win, done. If that was a loser, the next break was taken with a target of 2X OR range extension (gets between +/- 2-4 range). If 2nd trade failed, 3rd breakout was taken, again 2X target. OR > 2 points was passed on.

1st CL target was 5 ticks. If that was a win, done. If it failed, next trade was taken with target of 1/2 OR range (larger than 5 ticks). 3rd trade never came into play.

3 months worth of trades comes in with ES having 50 winners and 33 losers for a gross total of $1,035 per contract.
The same time frame for CL comes in with 48 wins and 4 losses for a gross total of $1,880 per contract.

The kicker is that for my account the margin required for CL is slightly more than 50% of the margin required for ES. So for every 1 ES that I can trade, I am able to trade 2 CL contracts. So for equal margin the totals are $3,760 for CL to $1,035 for ES.

Food for thought, enjoy today's football!
0 for 2 today.
Originally posted by Big Mike

I wanted to go long CL and did. CL did not.

Loser .10
Commiserations Mike, I wasnt able to be in front of the pc for the open so no trades for me.... I have been noticing that in the o/n the cl does keep returning thru to the euro open most days ,, ( i have only been watching this week so far,, so not a big range to make a decision on) I will try to find the time to look back into history for more evidence of same..........
3rd try was a charm for .22
Originally posted by brent.t

Commiserations Mike, I wasnt able to be in front of the pc for the open so no trades for me.... I have been noticing that in the o/n the cl does keep returning thru to the euro open most days ,, ( i have only been watching this week so far,, so not a big range to make a decision on) I will try to find the time to look back into history for more evidence of same..........
Emini Day Trading / Daily Notes / Forecast / Economic Events / Trading Indicators / Search / Terms and Conditions / Disclaimer / Books / Online Books / Site Map / Contact / Privacy Policy / Links / About / Day Trading Forum / Investment Calculators / Pivot Point Calculator / Market Profile Generator / Fibonacci Calculator / Mailing List / Advertise Here / Articles / Financial Terms / Brokers / Software / Holidays / Stock Split Calendar / Features / Mortgage Calculator / User Pages / Donate

Copyright © 2004-2017, MyPivots. All rights reserved.