Price bar overlap

I'm planning to explain this more soon but this is a start. Notice how we have what I call an "air pocket" in between the high of the first green bar from the left and the low of the last green bar on the right.

These are 5 minute bars and I will include the context chart

This thread will attempt to expand on the concept of "mini singles" that we have covered before from the one minute chart. I have snapped a horizontal line to represent this "Pocket"
Click image for original size
ch1001
Thanks Bruce and Paul
I sold the new break of the overnight high at 64.75 as NQ was not coming out of it's range...still think we need to chop to lower and hopefully more overlap...concern is the signing at 11 ish....could cause a spike etc...

no plus or minus 4 yet so another concern
low area at 62.25 is my initial target to tighten
so my last two posts don't become completely useless...look at the gap in the data at 61.25 at 10:09 EST......also look how much time is being spent above the VA high and the overnight high...runners trying for 57 - 58 but don't think I'll be able to hold it....oviously don't want to see it outside of value again...

Most MP players like to put trades on outside of value expecting it to get back into value.....just another concept for this overlap thread and what helps to create these consoilidating prices
I had to cover on the new RTH es lows at 59.25 and here is why.....a gap formed again at 61.25 so the new low price was a gift...the NQ dropped into the key 40 - 42 magnet price and the yM wasn't making new lows...and the signing is in 10 minutes...not sure what they will do with it...that was a confused market
BruceM,
I have to point this out...

NQ, Air on bar concluding at 11:05.

I just checked the ES, didn't quite satisfy due to close, C of 11:05 bar = RTH swing L today.
anyone short these 68.50's ? Nice fake for us shorts so far this afternoon..c'mon 66...they're gonna smoke me I think!!
ledge players get their target..but what about the 70 folks and that mini gap.....tough fade for me
I ate the loser at 69.50....66 goes on my radar...that's the breakout point with volume off the one minute....you will notice that the late breakout trend much better
Very astute of you Paul...a critical observation that I missed.....I also made a mistake with Yesterdays highest volume bar in the ES....that was at 59.25.....

so we had that 40 - 42 zone mentioned yesterday in the NQ getting hit today and at the same time we had the ES hitting into the 1159 number with the highest vertical one minute volume of the day. today ...at least until the 66 breakout on bigger volume...

If I was on my game I would have been thinking that a low was being put in and that the ledge traders where going to win....support was tested and held...an excellent observation and I hope you understand and don't mind the after the fact logic I added to it
Originally posted by PAUL9

BruceM,
I have to point this out...

NQ, Air on bar concluding at 11:05.

I just checked the ES, didn't quite satisfy due to close, C of 11:05 bar = RTH swing L today.
Originally posted by PAUL9

BruceM,
Are you a head honcho?

Have to guess You are a head honcho.

I Need to find instructions for starting a thread.

I sifted through FAQ and found nothing. can you direct?

I sent you a PM with more info but basically it says click the "New Topic" link at the top of this page to create a new "thread". It's a bit confusing as threads are called topics on this forum.