ES Short Term Trading 7-28-2010

Range Based S/R for July 28, 2010

R1 = 1122
S1 = 1102.75
R2 = 1125.125
S2 = 1099.625
well, at any rate, good luck friend! As you know im looking for a decent low just below 1100, but as always it'll likely be too late in the day for me to take advantage of it!... missed twice trying to short for it!
fresh lows are coming
Originally posted by BruceM

fresh lows are coming
yup... incidentally, the reson for posting trades has value, imho, is because there is far too much, 'after the fact analysis, on this thread! thats freakin easy!.. tell me in advance where to buy or sell and then i pay attention! ... but most try to explain after the event occurs ,which has no value [email protected]
Originally posted by koolblue

Originally posted by BruceM

fresh lows are coming
yup... incidentally, the reson for posting trades has value, imho, is because there is far too much, 'after the fact analysis, on this thread! thats freakin easy!.. tell me in advance where to buy or sell and then i pay attention! ... but most try to explain after the event occurs ,which has no value [email protected]

agree hindsight always 20/20
I agree Kool but I guess those of us who have posted RTH trades for years have probably earned some credit....IN general I agree...I need to address Big Mike later as I didn't like that post today...no value and to tell me you are short two ticks off the high and covered two ticks off the current low is ridiculous...only becasue it was "after the fact"

Now if he took the time to really explain why the sell took place in detail and he could repeat that over time then I'd be impressed
FOR INSTANCE, MY BUY IS AT 1098.50, HAS BEEN FOR FOR 2 HOURS! i showed 2 numbers on my chart at 13:06.. now if it comes to pass ,interested paties could investigate and decide for themselves if the method)s that gave that objective are something of value that they could use!... if i remember everyone else was looking for 1111 ish at the time... but if i just post that i just went long at 1098.50, it is of no value!! btw i just voted your above post up!
Click image for original size
Too darn late in the day for me gang... want to wish every one good trading the rest of the week! if you only knew... between tomorrow and next tues could be critical!!! .... heres a little prsent for my buddies, only half way done tho!...

08august2010calendarimage
Paul,

Thanks for replying with so much detail. 3.75 range is scary. Hope we won't see such ranges any time soon.

Koolblue & Lorn - Thanks for replying.

Hari

Originally posted by PAUL9

Originally posted by hari

Some of you may have been trading for more than a decade, what is the smallest daily range you remember seeing in ES (RTH)?
The range today ( so far ) is only 8 points.

8-31-06 4.00 point range Therer were more than one back in late 05 early 06, begin of 07.
11-21-06 3.75 range

hari, if you want to see small daily ranges, just look at a chart of the VIX for low readings.

I can remember 2006 as containing many days of painfully small ranges RTH.
end of 2005 into beginning 4 months of 2006, painfully small RTH, some like 5 points.

Sept 2006 up to Feb 07. I remember, I was trading 89 tic ES charts.

I don't know whether everyone remembers my earlier post, but one tick "fake-out" proved to deliver a weak bounce that ultimately failed.
Cheers KB.

Originally posted by koolblue

Too darn late in the day for me gang... want to wish every one good trading the rest of the week! if you only knew... between tomorrow and next tues could be critical!!! .... heres a little prsent for my buddies, only half way done tho!...

08august2010calendarimage

Originally posted by day trading

Originally posted by hari

Some of you may have been trading for more than a decade, what is the smallest daily range you remember seeing in ES (RTH)?
The range today ( so far ) is only 8 points.

If I remember correctly it was something like 3.25 points and it was the day before Thanksgiving Day.

Thanks DT.