Traders International

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with Traders International - Are they as good as they claim?

Thank you.
KS
just found this site and your post - I am likely too late, hope not. Run, run far away. The CFTC is investigating them. Many, many complaints of scam they ran.
Do you have a link to the CFTC page for us?
No, but the CFTC asked for statements from students/victims and I gave them statement of my experience; and, I know many others who also gave statements to the CFTC. Here is link to another board that discusses TI, scroll thru all messages for other opinions of it: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/archive/index.php/t-13980.html
I understand the CFTC did investigate and found no fault with TI. Most of the problems stemmed from a disgruntled employee.
well, there were probably more than 100 disgruntled students/course purchasers also then. Many requests to credit card companies for refunds.
I saw these guys at the Traders Expo in NY a few years ago and laughed my ass off. They had one of the biggest booths there and had computers set up and a large screen. They were showing people how to spot trades with indicator divergences on 1 minute charts. It was hilarious. Great marketing, no substance. The owner of the company was there and started pitching my buddy and I. My friend suggested that he teach people to trade the bonds as well so he could take their money............the owner got really pissed. I also saw an ad for salemen for this company one time where they claimed their sales reps were making well into six figures.......maybe that was a scam too, or there are a lot of suckers out there........this course appears to be complete and total BS.
Surprisingly, Elite Trader probably knows more about this than any of us (having pulled the negative posts about TI from his forum) and yet he remains silent.
myptofvu, do you have a reference or link to your understanding about the CFTC/TI? I heard that the "disgruntled" employee quit when he learned of the scam and then filed suit over contract disagreements. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by ican

myptofvu, do you have a reference or link to your understanding about the CFTC/TI? I heard that the "disgruntled" employee quit when he learned of the scam and then filed suit over contract disagreements. Thanks.

The law suits used to be posted on elite trader. I don't know if they're still there.

I do remember a post by elite trader stating that the employee had lost the case, his lawyers had abandoned him, and that they removed all threads that he had posted.
Thank you. I think the lawyers for a class action suit dropped it, but he still has an attorney for his personal case and from what I have heard his case against TI is scheduled for trial in the fall of 2007.
We seem to have two topics about Traders International. I'm locking this one and discussion can continue in this one: Traders International