Friday 01-04-08

Longs started in overnight at 48 even......52.50 is first target.
dow in it's singles now so this do or die point for my 35 target
clear on this trade campaign on finals at 36 even..singles zone...not worth trying to grab 1.5 points...
To sum up for you Alex...

filled on 3 contracts at 36 even and 3 contracts at 35.25..so the 6 contracts from 37.50 lost here..11.25 points

the 33.75's broke even and the 8 contracts from 29.25 made 36 points....so netted a little less than 25 points...

I have messed around with just exiting the losers early and re-entering but for me it's a harder thing for me to do mentally although I readily admit it would probably be a wiser thing to do...

Sometimes just because something is wiser or more logical doesn't mean it will fit your mentality. That just doesn't work for me. I think most keep their stops in the 1.5 to 4 point zone so I stay out of that...ok that's probably more than anyone needs to read or cares....lol
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

what time frame are you using the dvatool on for the dow emini?

i'm using a 5min of the YM day only and i dont have singles here

tia

seems like your bracketing the "ringed" lows with the MACD filter..cool..I like it! I was watching that 50% pull back after they broke the down trendline...fell right in your zone....

Singles players sure entered agressively..DT where you part of the folks who almost took away my money???lol...a real classic
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

bruce - i show some support here off the 10kv

[file]ES_10kpic3.jpg,126,,0[/file]

I don't use the tool...I just pull up a 30 minute chart.you can see singles easy....developing value area I don't watch but probably should....but remember my dow chart starts at 9:30 eastern time so I get it in synch with the eastern time open of the S&P....
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

what time frame are you using the dvatool on for the dow emini?

i'm using a 5min of the YM day only and i dont have singles here

tia

triples at 28.25 if this 5 minute bar closes here..going from 30 even
bruce - i love that dvatool ! for me, its worth every penny !

btw, i found the singles on the YM and to my amazement we had a price pivot when it filled the singles

i'l be all over that the next time, like stink on monkey

[file]YM.jpg,126,,0[/file]

short on the YM with target of 12880
and the reason im short on the ym is cuz i believe we made a tradable short abc pattern when we filled the singles

[file]YMpic2.jpg,126,,0[/file]
Update on that prediction...I keep getting stopped out at 1 tick profit and back in....but now new low of 1391..ok...any much lower got me thinking....this week the hardest for me in a long time, in terms of direction..I thought we would me up much up by now given last week, but 71 pts down for it to go up same had to go lower..but how much lower is the question.

Yes, its going to turn up a good 40-55 pts but at what price...today should tell I think. So yes I still at lower price of 1393.50 and both at 1 tick profit..1393.75.

If I get stopped out will try again....but depends on price and time