ES 8-15-2008

Looking for buys around 95, and shorts around 1301.5 as long as theres no range extensions.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Ohh thats a 15min not a traditional 30min.
You can see that little ledge at the D and E period high. It will be interesting to see if they try to run in buyers and take out the stops up there.....I'll just watch...!
bruce, wouldnt this be a good short scalp here?
are you refering to the ledge area or the 98.75 price which was where the high volume push started yesterday?
just in general , wish i knew more about profile trading . i use different indicators but find it and your posts interesing
I faded 98 on the run up. I wouldn't call it conservative or good. Risky more like. Buyers have legitimate edge from the 93 trough but spent it all as they say to the upside and created selling divergence. I'm looking for explosive movement to test the gap evening distribution for a long, but short-lived. I'm targeting 93 and risking a point.
I'd prefer the scalp at the ledge if I was going to try it but then my concern would be if
they are going to try and take out the hour high so I'd rather use the ledge as a target if I found a good long.
Trading inside of the first hour range after noon time is not my best place to initiate
short @1298 covering here
I'll give a free plug to JPJtading.com. He's a great teacher of intraday MP and reasonable. Nice folks in his room too. You can also read Dalton and pick things up over time. Lots of nice folks sharing ideas here and other places. Just being aware of the concepts and how the profile evolves is very valuable. I still think they may go get those stops up above but can't find a good long anywhere..

Nice job on your scalp trade!!
quote:
Originally posted by koolblue

just in general , wish i knew more about profile trading . i use different indicators but find it and your posts interesing

I'll give ya a 60/40 cut your weight if you tell me which way it'll trend monday. ;)