2 to 5 ES points per day

Does anyone average this?...if yes, what is your approach? price action only? indicators? moving averages? pivots, support, resistance?
Yes, Increase, i do. Lately, im averaging much more due to the extreme volitility in the market. See the market thread es-09-19-08 page7 for a brief overview on how i do it.
Yes, I average that, I have an IB breakout strategy alone that nets about 2-4 points a day in the ES each day, and 2 points in the Russell every day with a few simple filters, and a special set-up in the rut2 that triggers 2 IB breakouts every day with about 70% profitable (automated). Market Profile, Pivots with $tick confirmation, Sq of nine numbers, and an indicator we came up with that acts kinda like the MACD in the $TICK. And I watch my bread and butter 30min RSI to tell me how mature we are in the trend... are we at a bottom? half way up or topping out? The 30min RSI will tell me this.

Avg day goes like this....

-9:30-10:00 smaller size counter trend trades and avg to losers dump at open price 3-5 times.
-10:30 trend trade with larger size and don't add to losers, If it dose not take off in the next 30 seconds its a bad trade go in the direction of the IB breakout until 11:30-12:00
-11:30-1:00 Counter trend trade
-1:00-4:15 kinda 50/50 sometimes its a follow through in the direction of the IB breakout and sometimes it drifts back into the first hour of trading.
-Globex I counter trend trade with 1min RSI

Counter trend trades are confirmed with my $tick tool having a divergence, and trend trades are exited when it fells to make new highs with the ES....Always! In a trending part of the day I watch my $TICK tool for rising and not overbought situations for longs and oversold for shorts.
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

Yes, I average that, I have an IB breakout strategy alone that nets about 2-4 points a day in the ES each day, and 2 points in the Russell every day with a few simple filters, and a special set-up in the rut2 that triggers 2 IB breakouts every day with about 70% profitable (automated). Market Profile, Pivots with $tick confirmation, Sq of nine numbers, and an indicator we came up with that acts kinda like the MACD in the $TICK. And I watch my bread and butter 30min RSI to tell me how mature we are in the trend... are we at a bottom? half way up or topping out? The 30min RSI will tell me this.

Avg day goes like this....

-9:30-10:00 smaller size counter trend trades and avg to losers dump at open price 3-5 times.
-10:30 trend trade with larger size and don't add to losers, If it dose not take off in the next 30 seconds its a bad trade go in the direction of the IB breakout until 11:30-12:00
-11:30-1:00 Counter trend trade
-1:00-4:15 kinda 50/50 sometimes its a follow through in the direction of the IB breakout and sometimes it drifts back into the first hour of trading.
-Globex I counter trend trade with 1min RSI

Counter trend trades are confirmed with my $tick tool having a divergence, and trend trades are exited when it fells to make new highs with the ES....Always! In a trending part of the day I watch my $TICK tool for rising and not overbought situations for longs and oversold for shorts.

thanks...great stuff...what setting do you use for the 1 and 30 minute RSI (I.E 2,5,14 etc.)???
Great stuff joe! Thanks for sharing
I use 14 on the one min, and 7 on the 30 min with bands on the 30 min at 80 and 20 It gives the same signals as the 14 but its much better at entry.
I meant to say the 7 period RSI the bands are 85 and 15...