Numbers I'm using on Monday 12-08

Here are the Volume numbers from Fridays trade:

878-881 leftover

864 - 868

846 - 849

825 - 827

817 - 820

We also have single prints that where created in the 856 - 851 area so that will be a cool area as this the place singles formed on the downside last Monday. It is possible that the sellers quickly reversed to buying.

Further above we have 891-893

901 and 910 - 912

These were created from previous days.

Weekly pivot/magnet is down in the 861 area. The futures closed weak to the cash so a gap higher open will have a better chance to make a first attempt down in the RTH session. That will be my preferred trade on Monday morning. Good luck this week.

Bruce
one last thing. We have Kools closing Tick ( from here on refered to as KCT) at plus 1124 so theory would state a sell off of some degree is coming.

Here is where I get my Tick info:

http://www.wallstreetcourier.com/index1.htm

EDit: the trin closed at .40.....I'll be surprised if there is much buying going on...perhaps if we get a lower open but it seems buyers may be out of ammo....
Howdy,

Alls I know is tomorrow will be a pivotal day , there are some key levels getting visited already on this Sunday session. Vix to Vxv ratio is on the cusp of returning to longsville. All last week 820 was defended, looks like sellers are exhausted. XLF nearly 80% off it's highs, a retracement akin to XLK in the 03 lows. Either some heavy selling steps back in within the next couple of days or it's up and away for a good week minimum. I'm not bullish or bearish until I see how the next couple days play out, but I am sensing some major directionality about to kick in. Last weeks range-boundedness was consolidation for something big this week.

Happy trading.
For some reason I was waiting for the "889" number to hit ( I mentioned it in the room too...lol)as written down on my piece of paper but it never came. Upon reviewing my notes here I realized It was actually a 891 - 893 zone as posted above in this thread and I missed it. No sense spending the time on numbers if I don't use them...lol.

The 910 - 912 was cool as it was from volume generated before Thanksgiving but it was also a weekly pivot number. So nice confluence there.

901 worked well as a magnet but since it wasn't a zone of numbers it's power was questionable

On my chart I have the 918 - 921 zone but I didn't mention it in this thread as I didn't believe we would get there. What was nice about that area was that two times the IB hit up into that. I missed the actual zone entry but went in on a 914 retrace. It worked but it wasn't as good as it should have been.

I'm watching the 906 - 908.75 area tomorrow and will fire up my charts later to see if any other number really jumps off the page.

The 918 - 921 is still in play but that is also the daily high so that is obvious as is the 891 - 893 as that is the RTH low. No magic there.

I believe the futures closed up about 5 points off from the open so It doesn't seem like much net buying went on in the RTH session. Ticks closed over 1000 again so I'm not pressing the long side. I still think they will use the 881 and the weekly pivot down in the 861 area as magnets.

Futures closed again at a discount to cash so a higher open on Tuesday can expect a first thrust down like today.

Here is todays chart with the 918-921 added.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
The numbers I noticed during yesterday's trade were...

906 minor
902 minor

Note: these numbers are from my filtered time and sales, not charts.

PT...I assume when you say filtered you are looking at blocks of a certain size?
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

one last thing. We have Kools closing Tick ( from here on refered to as KCT) at plus 1124 so theory would state a sell off of some degree is coming.

Here is where I get my Tick info:

http://www.wallstreetcourier.com/index1.htm

EDit: the trin closed at .40.....I'll be surprised if there is much buying going on...perhaps if we get a lower open but it seems buyers may be out of ammo....

Re: KCT, how does this theory hold up in bull markets vs bear? I'm guessing that +1000 in bull markets is the mark of more intermediate upside to come in most cases, where as in bear markets the +1000 would be a clear overbought message. Is it possible that when the +1000 theory stops behaving in a bearish manner that it is the start of a new bull?