Es short term trading 6-14-10

set to gap up into key 95.....in general I have a short overal bias for today
Check here for "rat" or "ratchet" levels. It's about 6 or 7 posts down the page. Hope this helps. http://www.mypivots.com/Board/Topic/5740/1/es-short-term-trading-6-1-10
Originally posted by lip411

ok thanks, Feng. i'll try to find Bruce's posts. Sorry for
bothering you.
Wow. I left a runner today when i went to go surf and came back and we reached the lower range for the day! That was all luck though even though I was bearish... I did it because I had 2 point risk of being stopped out and I was already up 6-7 handles for the day so a lucky freee ride!

But here is something interesting.
The DAR for the day were: Max Range 19.5 and Min Range 15.5

Well if you average them (19.5+15.5)/2= 17.5

If you take the high of the day: 1101.75 - 17.5 = 1084.25 which was the low for the day; exactly!! what!!

Thank you for enlightening me to the DARs
I trade mostly by the shape of the profile and what I expect to happen...so fixed stops aren't for me either. How about studying how often we penetrate consecutive RATs without retracing RATS...

In other words, How often do we rally 5 or 6 Rats in a row before we retrace 2 RATS....? Perhaps an idea for further reseacrh...Look at the 25 point increments...We've rallied form roughly the 1050 RAT to the 1100 RAT...will we trade a third Major RAT before we retrace one RAT back to 75..? I don't know but I'm throwing out the concept..

I'm rambling....Feng...will you risk One RAT to make two rats...will you sell the 93.75 to get it down to 81.25 and risk trade back to 1100 RAt...risk one RAT to make two rats...? How often will you be right....How about the HOUR closes..probably more powerful then the 30 minute..?

If I had the time I'd teach you my concept of trennd changes but it would take time that I don't have right now...

Summers coming and air pockets will start to get filled in even more so that concept of risking 10points or 3 times the size of the air pocket may offer good results...

Lets catch up again on this...tell me your basic premise with your method when u have time
Originally posted by feng456

Bruce I'm trying to build my trading around your rat levels and your DAR projections. The main problem I'm having is where to put my stops.

i.e. i went short at 93.75 RAT expecting 85 before close, where should I put my stop?

Got any ideas on how I can figure that out? I don't want to set a definite arbitrary number unless I have to.
No problem...they should serve you well over time.....I suck at holding longer term but perhaps in time you will be able to hold for the 3 WAR.....so far we can project down for this week based just on todays trade....

Things that reveres the 3 WAR are Lower lows and lower highs on the daily but closes above the midpoint would make it neutral....if we close ABOVE the highs of a low day the 3 war would project to the upside..we'll see how this week unfolds...

WE still need to trade beyond that EVIL 79 - 80 area for any downside to take place this week....congrats on holding that..NICE!!
Originally posted by sjzeno

Wow. I left a runner today when i went to go surf and came back and we reached the lower range for the day! That was all luck though even though I was bearish... I did it because I had 2 point risk of being stopped out and I was already up 6-7 handles for the day so a lucky freee ride!

But here is something interesting.
The DAR for the day were: Max Range 19.5 and Min Range 15.5

Well if you average them (19.5+15.5)/2= 17.5

If you take the high of the day: 1101.75 - 17.5 = 1084.25 which was the low for the day; exactly!! what!!

Thank you for enlightening me to the DARs
Thanks MM...we need to make others feel welcome and help as much as we can here onthe forum.....thanks for taking the xtra time to dig that up...
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Check here for "rat" or "ratchet" levels. It's about 6 or 7 posts down the page. Hope this helps. http://www.mypivots.com/Board/Topic/5740/1/es-short-term-trading-6-1-10
Originally posted by lip411

ok thanks, Feng. i'll try to find Bruce's posts. Sorry for
bothering you.

Originally posted by BruceM

I trade mostly by the shape of the profile and what I expect to happen...so fixed stops aren't for me either. How about studying how often we penetrate consecutive RATs without retracing RATS...

In other words, How often do we rally 5 or 6 Rats in a row before we retrace 2 RATS....? Perhaps an idea for further reseacrh...Look at the 25 point increments...We've rallied form roughly the 1050 RAT to the 1100 RAT...will we trade a third Major RAT before we retrace one RAT back to 75..? I don't know but I'm throwing out the concept..

I'm rambling....Feng...will you risk One RAT to make two rats...will you sell the 93.75 to get it down to 81.25 and risk trade back to 1100 RAt...risk one RAT to make two rats...? How often will you be right....How about the HOUR closes..probably more powerful then the 30 minute..?

If I had the time I'd teach you my concept of trennd changes but it would take time that I don't have right now...

Summers coming and air pockets will start to get filled in even more so that concept of risking 10points or 3 times the size of the air pocket may offer good results...

Lets catch up again on this...tell me your basic premise with your method when u have time
Originally posted by feng456

Bruce I'm trying to build my trading around your rat levels and your DAR projections. The main problem I'm having is where to put my stops.

i.e. i went short at 93.75 RAT expecting 85 before close, where should I put my stop?

Got any ideas on how I can figure that out? I don't want to set a definite arbitrary number unless I have to.

To simplify all that, basically find whatever works...

but i don wanna! *whiney voice