ES short-term trading 7-12-10

must be a Monday in the summer.

Just my opinion...

Market has had two tight range days, CASH SPX put in an NR14 on Friday,
this kind of a condition often leads to a big move, but 75 is 50% of last month's RTH range and 75 was last week's High print

Prints with 76 handle meant (to me) that shorts are covering,

First Price moves above a level like 75 can ultimately succumb to hesitation, then a retrace to establish whether there are additional buyers below before a valid break to upside can unfold.
Bruce,
check your calendar, summer isn't over yet, you dated your topic September.

must be a Monday in the summer.

dt, kill my topic (but I guess you'd have to change Bruice's date)

Market has had two tight range days, CASH SPX put in an NR14 on Friday,
this kind of a condition often leads to a big move, but 75 is 50% of last month's RTH range and 75 was last week's High print

Prints with 76 handle meant (to me) that shorts are covering,

First Price moves above a level like 75 can ultimately succumb to hesitation, then a retrace to establish whether there are additional buyers below before a valid break to upside can unfold. (retrace might not happen until O/N)
they're tryingto suckin longs early today..especially if they make new highs now...
gonna test 72.75 at a minimum!!
lets use your thread Paul....!!
I think we are gonna get a down OVB on the daily today
still looking for 72.75 test and further below
huh boy,
rare for me, will post trade.

last week I explained how I am willing to B/S breakoout of first 15min range on day following NR7 or IDNR4, targeting .618 extension of first 15m

entry 75.00 (i tick above H of first 15min RTH)
stop loss 73.75 (50% of 3rd bar's range)
target print of 77.75 (one tick shy of .618 extension of opening 15 minute range which technically I have .618 extension as 1077.99)
so far $ticks can't get it going ...look at Fridays reading compared to today....weak so far....
lots of air below...but most can see that now!
deleted by mod...
some real data issues in O/N for IB