ES Short Term Trading 8-18-2010

Range Based S/R

R1 = 1104.50
S1 = 1068.50
R2 = 1110.50
S2 = 1062.50

Steenbarger Pivot = 1087.75
Interesting Lorn....I can't fiqure out that stuff...sometimes it makes sense...so in this case the big green is what looks like buying but it really is selling??? and sometimes it really is buying..yikes
for me the 92.75 is the number that surprised me...we blew right through it in the day session without a retest...what happens more often that not is that it will get tested or will act as resistance when approached from below....the first time....

I'm done at 93...not being a *ick for a tick......
LOL! I get a headache just thinking about it.

But seriously I'm just looking for clues at the big volume nodes as you mention for what the direction is.

Originally posted by BruceM

Interesting Lorn....I can't fiqure out that stuff...sometimes it makes sense...so in this case the big green is what looks like buying but it really is selling??? and sometimes it really is buying..yikes
that is why I started shorting for those triples...., the 95.50 number was there...so we had at least two things.....trips and that key volume number from yd...
I look at the volume breakdown in Irt when we get these volume surges but I haven't seen a good pattern Lorn....perhaps you will crack the code....My IB volume data does
strange things I think
Originally posted by Lorn

LOL! I get a headache just thinking about it.

But seriously I'm just looking for clues at the big volume nodes as you mention for what the direction is.

Interesting Lorn....I can't figure out that stuff...sometimes it makes sense...so in this case the big green is what looks like buying but it really is selling??? and sometimes it really is buying..yikes

That chart is great though Lorn as it has lots of good info

1)Vwap ( I'd put the second standard deviation band on there too)
2)The peak volume prices
3)bid ask info

what more would we really need?
Friday's Wall street Journal wouldn't hurt....

2)The peak volume prices
3)bid ask info

correctiion on my numbers in my recent posts...the key prices from YD are 1095.25......not 1095.50.....and 1092.75....that one tick can make a difference...
the astute tripl player will have noticed how they cleaned up the missed/failed triples from YD near the highs and lows of today...just pointing it out.....good to right down failures as they can become future targets....

Just an FYI, I wasn't long to get those at YD highs today so not bragging here!!!
LOL.....u have email
Originally posted by Lorn

Friday's Wall street Journal wouldn't hurt....

2)The peak volume prices
3)bid ask info

Good stuff Paul. I don't want anyone to feel they need to post while trading. In general its a stupid idea ! The only thing I hate is when folks come on here and tell us how long or short they are without any reasonable explainations. Those folks know who they are !

We certainly don't need anymore pressure while trading. For me it just evolved due to some "problems" I had with some vendors.

I've often thought about starting a "trading statements" thread so we could post a few years of statements to prove we actually trade but that wouldn't prove we trade the ideas we write/babble about. I'm also not sure that would resolve some of the wise ass comments and emails from the vendor crowd or the non-believers. Might be more trouble than it is worth.

Anyway, I too appreciate all the ideas that are shared here and none of us are TOO good that we can't get better. So please post whenever you feel you can and hope you enjoy that dinner!