ES short term trading 8-19-10

Key numbers based on Volume spikes today

We will get another spike at the 8:30 a.m reports.

A failure to breakout of the Monday-Tuesday range today. 32 points of range so the longer term players will try and push it at least 16 points above the highs or 16 points below the lows
actual price of that gap is 71 even....still a gap from mondays trade at 68.25....todays low is 68.50......!!!bastards!!!LOL!
Prices playing between 1 1/2 below IB low and IB low. If we get back into IB we could be ok.
Interesting juncture here. Last hour will have an answer I think. Prices clearly trying to get back ontop of that long term fib line of 1074.75-1075.00 (green line)

Click image for original size
30fibprjec8192010
Lorn,

What are those upper and lower shaded bands on your chart?
sorry for the delay...I find they try to keep it away from Key rat numbers usually early in the week but I have no really good stats on that.....but I was thinking about the 1100 area this week as an example...also these range projections are fun but I wouldn't trade from any of that exclusively...
Originally posted by jrjrjr

Have you noticed if options exp. week has any affect on what the longer term players might do?

Originally posted by BruceM

A failure to breakout of the Monday-Tuesday range today. 32 points of range so the longer term players will try and push it at least 16 points above the highs or 16 points below the lows

Originally posted by CharterJoe

Lorn,

I believe that they are PRC Bands.
Joe they are PRC Bands. I've only found this particular indicator for Ninja Trader. No other platforms.

There are two different ones available. PRC and PRC2. I like PRC better, it responds a little slower which seems to keep prices from jumping ahead of the bands too much.

Originally posted by CharterJoe

Lorn,