ES short term trading 01/18/11

I'm looking for the ES to open at, or above Friday's close. If so, then I will go short, and looking for possibly 4/5 points to the down side.

Will see. got to work on some numbers tonight and se what the possibilities are.
I like that idea, especially if they can push it up into the 91.50 - 93 area but the real stumbling block today may be the NQ. It's down 18 points while the es is only off by 1.75 points as I type.

Friday was a trend day and we have written in here many times about the morning after trend days and how it is a " buy the break , sell the rally mentality"

the other area for me will be the 85 - 84 area...lots of time and volume there over the MLK holiday and key closes from Fridays trade there.. may be a good long point but will use caution and not be agressive on longs today. If we start getting closes under there they I will look for short opportunities
Right now it looks like it came out of a one timeframing setup into another.

Agree, 84 area looks like major support.
I was posting under i1hunter but never did like that name. From now on I will be using my initials WS.

ES open a bit below previous trading day close. I think it will move up to prev. trading day H. and possibly O/N H. before some retrace takes place. I'm on the side for now.

ES trading 1290.00 @ 09:38
I'm on 90 short but going real light....if Nq gap fills than this is going into 93 - 95 and don't want to be digging out...looking for open print again
selling here...1289.00, buying 1284.25.. charts in a minute!
Click image for original size
normally I don't like triples on the lows but the lack of high $ ticks so far has me liking those for my second campaign today...
short 90.25 and prepared to sell up into 93 area if needed
Click image for original size
Originally posted by BruceM

short 90.25 and prepared to sell up into 93 area if needed
..Brilliant! (as usual).. but when you have a chance ,why 90.25? That is imho, a great entry.
95 was the r1 level today...interesting finish....once we got the close outside that 60 minute high it never closed back below......it was fun to watch!!