ES short term trading 01/18/11

I'm looking for the ES to open at, or above Friday's close. If so, then I will go short, and looking for possibly 4/5 points to the down side.

Will see. got to work on some numbers tonight and se what the possibilities are.
firdays left over air pocket filled in nicely...on that short earlier...it was the only 5 minute air pocket that was left from friday!!

still trying to hold runners for triples at lows...$ticks showing no power today
Will take one off at 1287.50 if they let me, and hold the runner for closer to 1284 hopefully!
that was just a tick over fridays high but I was also watching the tick....so I was expecting failed breakouts above that high koolio....no rocket science from me...but I was also prepared to sell higher near O/N high too

very poor volume leads to mean regression...
Next support 1285.75-86 if we dont hold right here, then 1284.00-1284.25. im not as clear on the upside resistance ,however ,....just took one (of 2 es) off at 1287.50,plus 1.5 handles to the good!.. holding the other
Originally posted by BruceM

that was just a tick over fridays high but I was also watching the tick....so I was expecting failed breakouts above that high koolio....no rocket science from me...but I was also prepared to sell higher near O/N high too

very poor volume leads to mean regression...
ohh, ok, i was wondering if it was because of the high around 9:40 this morning! ANyway i was early ,but you nailed it! Kudos ,buddy!
nice, I'm trying to hold one for those lows but now there are triples all over...open print is a stumbling block for me...
Originally posted by koolblue

Next support 1285.75-86 if we dont hold right here, then 1284.00-1284.25. im not as clear on the upside resistance ,however ,....just took one (of 2 es) off at 1287.50,plus 1.5 handles to the good!.. holding the other

Click image for original size
Click image for original size
Staying out still.
So far this morning, the ES has trade with in a 5 point range 1291.00 - 1286. Below 1286 will target 1282.00
Above 1291, will target 1296.00.
Right now moving up towards 1291.00. I think that any move of more than 5 pts will be in the afternoon.

Will see if gives me a set-up

ES trading 1289.25 @ 11:21
stopped at breakeven on my runner. Back soon..still up 1.5 so far
95 was the r1 level today...interesting finish....once we got the close outside that 60 minute high it never closed back below......it was fun to watch!!