ES 5-13-2011

Friday the 13th! Today some above average volume to the upside. Gap still open to 1354. Lets see what she can do.

Click image for original size
es30min05132011
will only start to rethink the long side if we can get above the O/N lows again
always watching the hour lows and highs and this sure is looking like a failed downside break so far.....stop on runners is at 42.50 and I'm expecting those to stop out...
took one at 38 print...the gap was at 38.25 !!...will try for 36.75...volume point from YD
I would put my buy at 36.75 looking for 39.50. Nice support area from yesterday
If anyone follows the idea of a "Swing day" setup (formed yesterday), the setup would say to look for longs at Wednesday's Low/Close. Wednesday's low was 1333, just FYI.

As an aside 52.8% of PP to S1 is 1338, which we are struggling with here. 786 is at 1336, which I also have a higher level fib there too.
ideally I'd like to see this pop up stay under 41.25...

If you think you have caught a swing high or low then you need to try to take something off when you have a move of 2.5 - 3 points off the actual swing low or high point....the emini likes to swing at those increments...it's just a function of stops and profit taking
out on last two at 36.75 print......staying flat for now...good luck for those who are trying longs down here!!
Originally posted by BruceM

out on last two at 36.75 print......staying flat for now...good luck for those who are trying longs down here!!

Great trading today, Bruce!
Originally posted by neoikon

If anyone follows the idea of a "Swing day" setup (formed yesterday), the setup would say to look for longs at Wednesday's Low/Close. Wednesday's low was 1333, just FYI.

Just tagged that 1333...
Thanks....Hopefully anyone reading can understand the power of high Volume nodes and of the key ranges ( The On and day session) This is starting to look ugly...

the 30 minute close traders will try to buy at 1332 ..that is the lowest close from Yesterday.....and they don't want to see a 12:30 close below there.....I'm taking a breather !
Originally posted by neoikon

Originally posted by BruceM

Great trading today, Bruce!
one for neoikon. I was playing around with your pivot retracements over the weekend and they are useful, here is EURUSD about 10min ago, respecting the stretch and 61.8 of pivot range. Very cool

Click image for original size
eur100