ES 5-20-2011

Here is the weekly RTH volume profile through Thursday. POC ins the thick red line at 1339. Compared with the relative volume on the lower pane saying this is a low volume environment, prices are simply digesting the big move up from Tuesday. More sideways action today or do prices break above/below this congestion?

Click image for original size
es30min05202011
nice run of those triples from yesterday....without me...
singles at 1331 from Wednesday
2011 05 201004
strength in the dollar is killing the bulls
Originally posted by PAUL9

Other than that, was there anything that was going on (technically) pre-market or at the open that would've given a heads up to this morning sell off?
Have a great weekend
I am done for the day
Good Luck to all.
Further to our morning conversation on Break-Out Bar /point

2011 05 201021
From an earlier post on the 1st page ... a study regarding OE morning price action behavior ... first hour unfolded very similar to what was described:

"Stumbled across this info on a "study" done on quantum chart's website. There are more details and particulars provided here: http://quantumcharts.com/trading-strategies-reports/backtest-stock-trading-strategies.html ... and you have to scroll down to the heading S&P – OE, as there are several SP strategeries described on the same page."

Originally posted by neoikon

Originally posted by PAUL9

Other than that, was there anything that was going on (technically) pre-market or at the open that would've given a heads up to this morning sell off?
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat
... a study regarding OE morning price action behavior ... first hour unfolded very similar to what was described:

Rock on, that's exactly what I wanted! Now I know not to fight those statistics on OE. I need to add that to my toolbox...

It also mentions the close isn't necessarily down, so it could mean for a nice long... that may have already started.
For those who use fibs, 5/17 RTH low to 5/19 RTH high, the 52.8% retracement is at 1330. We just came within a couple ticks.
It's all good...I just wanted to make sure that nobody trades for O/N triples or anything mentioned on these threads without doing their own research first.....

Most know not to do this I hope...

u have a great weekend too..
Originally posted by TradeQueen

Absolutely. Thank you. And I sincerely hope my comments are NOT taken as sarcasm. I was simply amazed by the market movement today and thought I could add a touch of humor to what I considered a WOW moment.

Actually hoped it did fill for that virtual group high five moment!

If I don't say anything else, I'd like to take this moment to wish everyone a great weekend! g'night!

Originally posted by BruceM

I have no evidence of the reliability of Triples in the Overnight session being run out so use them as targets at your own risk.....
Originally posted by TradeQueen

I'm going to go put on a diaper, because if the two left up there in the 40's fill today.... I'm going to need it!

Originally posted by BruceM

nice run of those triples from yesterday....without me...