ES Thu 8-25-11

Summary from Wednesday's trading. After midday the market returned to the low of the day at 1153.75 and it's almost as if a whole bunch of traders had read yesterday's trade topic and were front running the buy zone because we never quite got low enough to trigger that single print buy at 1150.75. As such that single print hasn't been filled in so it's still a long trigger point.

Click image for original size
ES overnight 25 August 2011
87.50 and 93.75 are my key short points today with this higher open
Nice short call at the 87.50 Bruce! Was that a low vol node?

Sean
First decent volume

2011 08 251007
Volume

2011 08 251027
thanks.. that was a high and low volume node created from day session and the overnight of 8-17...I beleive I owe you an email.......

for those who did their bell curve work you would have 68.75 and 62.75 from yesterday and also 58.75.....
Originally posted by Capitalista

Nice short call at the 87.50 Bruce! Was that a low vol node?

Sean
Thanks Bruce. This is great stuff! What an incredible trading day!!

Sean
Nick,

I saw your request yesterday. That post wasn't meant specifically for you...just so you know. I'm having a few data issues with my Market Delta and will get you that chart when I can..
appreciate it

Originally posted by BruceM

Nick,

I saw your request yesterday. That post wasn't meant specifically for you...just so you know. I'm having a few data issues with my Market Delta and will get you that chart when I can..
very low volume
sure seems like they want to push for the 51.50 ES and 11080 on YM.....
Yes, Germany has not imposed shorting limits but other European countries had done so over last couple of days- primarily shorting of bank stocks.

Traders are a SMART bunch. They said , OK, we can not short banks but we can short DAX and BOOM.