ES Thursday 2-2-12

Numbers for today:

1327 - 1329

1321 - 1323.50 **** vwap in here and Low volume spot yesterday

1318.50 **** high volume

1314.50 - 1316 ****** key ledge support...possible breakdown point

1311.75 LV area

1306 - 1308

many numbers are part of yesterdays numbers that never came into play as per the video.
If the market holds above 20.25, I would try again on 22.25
Originally posted by johnpr2010

John, you mentioned the number 20.25 because it is the bottom of the air pocket or you have a different reason?
Originally posted by khamore1

Originally posted by johnpr2010

John, you mentioned the number 20.25 because it is the bottom of the air pocket or you have a different reason?

Yes khamore1
stopped myself out at 21.50...will hopefully look for a long trade near 1318
20.25 is yesterdays close also!! gap in the data at 21......very thin trade ..vwap at 22.50 too.....lots of "stuff" in the middle
I'd really like to see them go neutral ( trade under Ib lows....) ideally under that selloff low from yesterday afternoon...would be more comfortable with longs under those reference points
chasing at 19.25..taking multiple tries down here..gap in data above!
I am going long 20.25 forming nice 5 min candle hammer pattern.
Click image for original size
chart3
all the context is here for a 21 retest...only concern is that matching 18.75 low....
My data had the gap close 1321.....I donot like to trade in the middle especially as a day wears on......My specialty is a fader at extremes...the middle isn't an extreme to me...this is not only in the center of a two day range but also inside the IB

with volume tappering off I don't think any down move now will go too far but I'm not trading anymore today. Who knows if anyone is gearing up in front of tomorrows 8:30 report...so it's risky to me..

I never studied Elliot and most of the posters I've seen have not been consistent on forums regarding it. No offense...if you know it and can use it than please post about it .....the "old" Bruce would fight and argue and bash elliott....the new bruce is open and receptive to all....

As I type I see triples up above ( not trading for them)so that to me is even more evidence that a down move will not stick now but if u r short then I hope it keeps dropping for you..