ES Friday 1-23-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all.

Click image for original size
iv012315
NewKid, I don't think you interpretted APK's comment correctly... He said he watched the 3rd bracket IF IT WAS INSIDE the IB.then he would not fade a move out of the IB during the 4th bracket.

Daltonites, VAH was the bottom of the spike, often a reversing point at least an attempt to reverse...
personally i thought it was a tough trade to take because of all the balance above it...my zone was 46-48.5 so it was essentially tested on the first dip into 48.5...we then balanced for an hour or soand broke down so that is a tougher trade for me to take...it did work out this time if u got long but most times those trades get run thru...so i have learned to avoid them...a dip straight into 46-ish would hae been ideal...
at 46.25 u had yest vah and single prints so nice confluence...still the balance in front of it made me skip it....
right, but the third bracket was not inside so there is reason to take the fade, correct?

and you are right that the VAH bring there was another reason to go long there..

Originally posted by PAUL9

NewKid, I don't think you interpretted APK's comment correctly... He said he watched the 3rd bracket IF IT WAS INSIDE the IB.then he would not fade a move out of the IB during the 4th bracket.

Daltonites, VAH was the bottom of the spike, often a reversing point at least an attempt to reverse...
got it. thanks. agreed that if we had gotten into the 46s first time around, it would have been a good long. i too was looking for it but no dice...

Originally posted by apk781

personally i thought it was a tough trade to take because of all the balance above it...my zone was 46-48.5 so it was essentially tested on the first dip into 48.5...we then balanced for an hour or soand broke down so that is a tougher trade for me to take...it did work out this time if u got long but most times those trades get run thru...so i have learned to avoid them...a dip straight into 46-ish would hae been ideal...
that is just an awful high right now... high probability of it being taken out
look how many tpo's traded at last weeks highs........amazing !!!
to dalton this would be acceptance of the spike high from yesterdays breakout....that 46 area...I still expect 57 to print.....
that would make sense.. thanks Bruce. so many TPOs at YD's breakout would imply acceptance

Originally posted by BruceM

to dalton this would be acceptance of the spike high from yesterdays breakout....that 46 area...I still expect 57 to print.....
Bruce, did you have anything to add to apk's comments?
anyone going for more would really want this to stay above 51.50 - 52.50....last weeks highs....profile is balanced so far today...so u can't be sure that they will just keep driving it back to the center.....ok....gotta get to my second job now !!