ES Thursday 5/5/16

How I am framing it out today. I wanted to share part of a private message I received recently which really sums up how we all should be looking at trading ideas shared by others.

" I am of the belief that we should trade what we are comfortable with and not push our ideas on each other. I tried copying your trading style and failed at it. But I learned from it and adopted some of your style, combined it with a few other things and made it my own."

This is what trading eventually becomes for all of us. We borrow ( like I have ) and come up with our own ways of interpreting data. A way that fits our personality. I certainly don't expect to trade like anyone else and wouldn't want anyone to trade like I do. Getting comments like this is so rewarding because I know in some way I have helped someone on their journey the same way that others have helped me ( and still do ) ! This quote captures the true spirit of our ES threads. Trading is made very complex by some but to me it comes down to buying and selling in predetermined areas, taking losses and profits and not giving up.

I have some other comments that have been brought to my attention about the Kane situation so I am hoping to get to those later but will not be done on these threads. I said I wouldn't respond to him directly and I won't but I want to address anyone's concerns that I have known for a while , care about and whose opinions matter to me.
No video below? Try this link: ES_5-5-16.swf

for those that might not have heard of FT71, his hypo's target was 2060/61 as well. Its funny how all of us look at the same numbers but just with a different justification.

Click image for original size
chstndeviaeaehi 1
so here is Tuesday with that low time spot, vwap and all those damn little swings.....not trying to sway anybody, just pointing it out as a concern
Click image for original size
55 areavwap
fair point Bruce.
so far we have seen outside YD's range and failed. Not good for the buyers
well didnt pop up to 56.25..i am cancel the order cause i believe if it comes back up there its going to 60 area. still buying the rat at 43.75..nk yes it funny how we come up with same numbers..many ways to skin the cat but same results..nothing new under the sun..lol
how many time can they test that 48 area before it gives way and goes down to the pivot..? perhaps that is too logical but we are under vwap now too. everyone will be watching 51 for clues...vwap and half back near there as a dividing line ...c ya later...trade well
not looking to suck anyone into this drama but here is my response to two main questions I received......I want to make sure the record is set straight. Lies and misperceptions people try to spread about me are not tolerated. Have fun if you dare! Some will try to knock you down so they look better but in my eyes the damage is done. There is no arguing with real truth. Nuff said, this will be the only time I will link to this drama on the ES threads. I want to make sure nobody is corrupted by those who are ignorant and illogical.
http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/8627/1/question-for-brucem-on-raising-kane
for those interested in the bands...I put in the friday SPX cash close of 2065.82 and used the same volatility number of 13.5 % ...the 1/2 SD band on the weekly came in at 2046.18...so that was hit yesterday.....Looks like I will have to post the spx numbers from now on when looking at a longer time frame....either that or the ES still needs to print 2078.25 or 2039.25 by weeks end....always learning from these markets...so one of the SITYS numbers was hit in spx and not the ES so far.....so using the 4 pm ES close might not be as accurate as I would like.......needs a bit more study but the back test worked well.......hmmm...gotta put more effort at this one
i buy the 43.75 had loss at 40.75
I did a refresh on my MD data and checked my TOS data and we had a low yesterday of 2039 so I can say it officially...not sure how I missed it but mistkaes happen

by weeks end we will print 2078 and/or 2040

Originally posted by BruceM

for those interested in the bands...I put in the friday SPX cash close of 2065.82 and used the same volatility number of 13.5 % ...the 1/2 SD band on the weekly came in at 2046.18...so that was hit yesterday.....Looks like I will have to post the spx numbers from now on when looking at a longer time frame....either that or the ES still needs to print 2078.25 or 2039.25 by weeks end....always learning from these markets...so one of the SITYS numbers was hit in spx and not the ES so far.....so using the 4 pm ES close might not be as accurate as I would like.......needs a bit more study but the back test worked well.......hmmm...gotta put more effort at this one
only took the one trade for a small win but good enough I guess 44 - 45 is still a key zone but I'm not looking to give anything back... c ya in the morning