ES Tuesday 10-11-16

I'd like to trade back up to 54.75 as a target from down at 52 area.....that was mentioned on Mondays thread...no midpoint test Yesterday...... failure at the 52 goes for the obvious time node back down at 48 - 49......which I think will print today but I'd like to see a pop UP first and then a rollover down to get that 48 - 49...not much else to say today......in general I am watching the 54.75 - 56 carefully this morningj
FT71 says learn to control your risk..Either set a Daily loss limit $$$ or after 3 losses in a row re evaluate or stop for the day. Trust me I've been there as well.
Trying to fade on a trend day will take a toll on you mentally, Bruce is the only one I know who can weather any storm.

Sharks
Agree 100% sharks. My rules told me I should have been shorting today but I had a brain fart and decided to play the long side. Follow rules and respect stops.

Originally posted by sharks57

FT71 says learn to control your risk..Either set a Daily loss limit $$$ or after 3 losses in a row re evaluate or stop for the day. Trust me I've been there as well.
Trying to fade on a trend day will take a toll on you mentally, Bruce is the only one I know who can weather any storm.

Sharks
i thought i try one more time and bingo hit my stop now at 5775 loss..now i really feel like a fool..i an done..hope everyone has good day
I'm not so sure about any storm...lol...I'm averaged in at 34.50 now....they blew through Fridays low as if it wasn't there AFTER a long decline.....my theories say that needs to be tested again....so 38 is area to watch but I'll settle for 37.50 first....we'll see....

Sharks
FT71 is having a 1 hour webinar on bookmap and order entry stuff on Thursday for those interested............look how all my selling at target led to that big drop....ha !!! still ended up being a slight loser on the day.....if runners didn't get stopped and instead they could have got back to that gap in data I would have gone positive.......oh well, there's always tomorrow...so that gap is still up there
I would be curious your opinion on that bookmap software Bruce..its used to identify liquidity I believe..Do you think it's useful and worth investing in for an ES trader? I know it's been out for some time..
"You know how to control risk better than most Bruce is what I meant to say"
Thanks
Sharks
expecting a restest of 2127 and actually trading for it....small due to time of day....EDIT late post...this was a long trade.....also now a gap at 2136....buying call options now that ES is at 2122..... oct 19th 215 calls at .78....FYI...my options I had last weeks lost 47 bucks per contract...I closed them on Friday due to holiday type trading on Monday and Today with jewish holiday at sundown
I've seen some webinars but haven't demoed it yet....they all look good after the fact....I really need to take a trial .....anything that can help with entries then I'm interested...never had any luck with footprints

I would be curious your opinion on that bookmap software Bruce..its used to identify liquidity I believe..Do you think it's useful and worth investing in for an ES trader? I know it's been out for some time..
"You know how to control risk better than most Bruce is what I meant to say"
Thanks
Sharks
getting long ES at 22.50 for 26.50.....
coming out heavy at target.....there was a gap in data there also....will try to hold two....this was a small campaign so not much to work with...look at 9-15 singles and 9-16 as to why I took the long there...........and also the 19th as to why my long runners may find more trouble now at the 2127 spot
finals are both coming out at 34.75 ...still gap in data at 36.75 but I HATE the last 15 minutes and now green on the day but a TERRIBLE investment of time today......luckily laptop and charts were by my indoor painting project....those windows I put in have to be painted by somebody and it might as well be me