guy (daytrading)/ahk emails

quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 11:47 AM
To: Guy
Subject: Trading Zoo thread

Hello Guy,

I know you don't believe in censorship, but perhaps a modification of that policy would be in order under certain conditions.

You asked 2 questions and got 2 answers about the Zoo. No BS, just straight talk. I'd like to think I've added some value to your forum during my short stay. I've enjoyed it and spoke to quite a few people about various trading rooms and the like. In fact, a few friendships might be forming which is an added plus.

However, one other forum member is attempting to undermine the real purpose and value of the forum for reasons which I'm sure are obvious to you. I'm afraid if more unwarranted and slanderous personal attacks continue by this person, I will cease to be a member as a matter of principle. I hope you understand.

Wishing you and yours a happy and healthy.

quote:
Hi Aaron,

Yes you do add value to the forum and I would be sad to see you leave and I think the forum would be worse off without your input.

I am under the impression that censorship on the Internet does not work. If I were to censor or delete posts from anyone then that person would just pop-up on (1) another forum and/or (2) create a new account and continue on this forum.

I can draw a parallel to standard politics that we see on TV everyday. Politicians deviate from attacking each other’s policies to personal attacks. Both sides almost always resort to this and it appears to be a cultural attribute which permeates all forms of business and social organizations.

Disputes such as these are often resolved by an arbitrator – i.e. a disinterested third party.

I would prefer to discuss this in the forum. You can post your email to me and my answer in the Trader’s Lounge section if you feel comfortable with doing so:

http://www.mypivots.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=5

Regards,
Guy
quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:46 AM
To: Guy
Subject: RE: Trading Zoo thread

As I was getting ready to pack it in for the night, I noticed another post from Bruce on the Traders Lounge thread. Guy, what can I say? Despite the niceties and apologies, he hasn't changed one iota. He has a major chip on his shoulder and I don't see any reason to believe he will change as he promised. Like a junkie, he needed his fix, and got it again by bashing me. He couldn't last 6 hours.

A leopard doesn't change its spots and there is indeed a rotten apple in every barrel (in this case, it's your forum).

I'm not a masochist and I've lost patience with this unprofessional scene. Therefore, as I wrote earlier, I am no longer going to participate in your forum. Life's too short.

Hopefully, this will give you food for thought; after all, it's your forum and you have the most to gain or lose.

I wish you all the best in the future.

p.s. Feel free to post this email if it pleases you.

Sorry to see you go Aaron. I think that you made some valuable and useful posts on the forum.

Since we're throwing around metaphors; "it takes two to tango" or as I once heard someone misquote "it takes two to tangle"

I hope that you change your mind and come back after your vacation as I am sure that many traders reading these threads about The Trading Zoo would like to see some sort of answer about the system that you employ to verify that it works and I'm sure that everyone would like to see your statements from January next year.
I would like to weigh in on this topic. This is my first post ever. I am a closet forum reader. I am also an unsuccessful trader of several years.

I have followed this bout with interest from its beginning. It's been a good match. Both participants come across as quite decent people. Both display intelligence, fair eloquence, and passion. Both arguments are persuasive. But at the end of the day, I cast my vote in favor of BruceM.

Here's my rationale: If ahk was on the up'n'up, he could silence that loud-mouth Bruce with one single post (show me the money!!!)- and make him kiss butt! Instead, ahk has spent hours refuting, rebutting and fully dodging the single most important issue in any trading initiative - the bottom line.

In addition, ahk seems to have taken a convenient queue to permenently exit this forum without leaving behind anything of real substance. That's a bad sign.

So: Bruce, you're a touch brash. But I think you've done us a service here, and at this point I'm in your corner. Thanks.

That's my opinion. Any other readers care to cast a vote?
being a newbie in more ways than one i aint gonna touch this one. but i will take a trial if i can get one to see what all the hoopla is about.
Thanks for your comments felix. Your rationale is sound and well balanced.

Let us know how it works out max. Are you going to take all of these trials in parallel in one after the other?
day, ill take em as soon as i can and ill post daily every trade here on your terrific forum
. only falcon, rhj and zoo since these have some positive reviews and you pay onetime for everything. this isnt a fishing trip for me. im looking to shorten the learning curve and avoid the road to ruin. if one of these services can help get me there great. if not ill probably not trade.

not sure yet how i will evaluate these services. price isnt an issue if the return is there. and i don't know how ill feel if i dont get statements or something that confirms that real people are making real money. cross that bridge when i get to it if i ever do.

max
Sometimes these threads get completely off topic...
quote:
Originally posted by felix

Here's my rationale: If ahk was on the up'n'up, he could silence that loud-mouth Bruce with one single post (show me the money!!!)- and make him kiss butt! Instead, ahk has spent hours refuting, rebutting and fully dodging the single most important issue in any trading initiative - the bottom line.

That's my opinion. Any other readers care to cast a vote?

I cast my vote: I completely agree with you.
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Since I am the one who won't let the Zoo "off the hook" I will do my best to tone it down and I apologize if I have wasted anyones time or the bandwidth of this fine forum.

Bruce

Well that's another promise he's broken. I've stop counting how many times he's done that. In fact, he's turned it up real loud. Look how much bandwidth he sucked up just on his last post.

Tells you his apologies and word as a man aren't worth jack. But we all knew that already, unfortunately. He might as well just spit in daytrading's face. "Fine forum" indeed. The only thing he cares about is hearing himself talk regardless if it's at everyone elses expense.

Once a weasel always a weasel.
A quick observation because I have noticed bandwidth mentioned more than once and usually in the context of wasting it. The average post on this forum (such as this one that I am making) uses up a pathetically small amount of bandwidth. In fact it is so small that it is impossible to notice it. Nobody needs to think twice about conserving bandwidth on this forum because it is not an issue. There is plenty of unused spare capacity sitting around all the time.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

A quick observation because I have noticed bandwidth mentioned more than once and usually in the context of wasting it. The average post on this forum (such as this one that I am making) uses up a pathetically small amount of bandwidth. In fact it is so small that it is impossible to notice it. Nobody needs to think twice about conserving bandwidth on this forum because it is not an issue. There is plenty of unused spare capacity sitting around all the time.

That wasn't my point (but you know that
)...lol...Bruce will be thrilled to hear that. But don't underestimate his ability to use it all up.
Well Felix....I agree with you and your critique of me and my comments...I am "brash"..and I appreciate the honesty....Your "bottom line" comment is perfect....Unfortunately there are so many vendors that can't come through with this but will pretend to....

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by felix

In addition, ahk seems to have taken a convenient queue to permenently exit this forum without leaving behind anything of real substance. That's a bad sign.

So: Bruce, you're a touch brash. But I think you've done us a service here, and at this point I'm in your corner. Thanks.