What the H - E - Double toothpicks!!

Is emini S&P really down at 1265 on this holiday session...How come I can't get an order in to buy like a pig.......my IB data is F*&^ing me up today/////whats the real story...I want longs if this is real....and I want them by the boatload......

Bruce

Just got back from a mini vacation...much to short!!
trying short again at 21.25...more volume divergence...will try for 15 area first.....tight up here
11.25 is final fill on that......cool day for those...
quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

quote:
Originally posted by Stowaway

why is the ES stuck @ 1255.50? is it just my software? does anyone else have the same problem?

1255.50 is first ES Limit level, trades are blocked below that price until the level is lifted and prices are permitted to fall to the second level.

I took 3 trades off the level so far overnight/morning, had one that I was the only bid on the price for probably 5 minutes... lol

It will probably be a long time before we get that gift from the CME again. I, too, was an early bird and couldn't believe my lucky stars. The ES down limit and buyers (like me) sitting at 1255.75 taking alot more size than normal without fear of getting stopped out (as a precaution, I still had a 3 tick sitting there)! I traded this baby with impunity 4 times each for 3 points and shut down the platform before the opening. Unreal.

here is a close up for reference for some of those volume divergence trades I was taking today....

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
I thought some might find this interesting on limits....I knew I'd find it...eventually
http://mrci.com/howe.php

quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

quote:
Originally posted by Stowaway

why is the ES stuck @ 1255.50? is it just my software? does anyone else have the same problem?

1255.50 is first ES Limit level, trades are blocked below that price until the level is lifted and prices are permitted to fall to the second level.

I took 3 trades off the level so far overnight/morning, had one that I was the only bid on the price for probably 5 minutes... lol

Great job Ruvan!! I did not know that the CME had this rule. And thank you Bruce for the link.