The pitbull alert zones....

EDIT****** I began updating this thread on page 5 ******

I originally had this posted before the market opened in the Traders Lounge but I think it would be better off here......zones are created off one minute high volume bars in this volatility from the previous days session and the overnight....

"Where I'll be looking for entries.....I was biased to the upside when I saw the lower prices in the overnight but I missed all entries....( market just backed away from the 32 area, down at 27 as I type so this area is critical).anyway here is what I see in the ES. The weekly pivot sits down in the 1320 area.....The range of the prior week is tested in the real time session a very high percentage of the time. The other thing I am aware of is that the fed meeting is coming and some may front run that to get long....so my preference is to buy at lower prices today....Your results may vary!!!!

1352 - 1355

1342 - 1345

1330 - 32.50

Since all these numbers are based off of volume I believe that they will act as magnets...and the standard support/ resistance rules apply...

1320 - 1324

1314 - 14.50

Some come close to the Value areas as posted on this site...good trading

Bruce
"

I will post some chart examples and further ideas hen I have more time...
now that new highs came in I'm looking at 67 and 72 as keys.....this volume stuff is great but when it trends it becomes a bit more difficult...still the clue would be "how much time do we spend below the low of a high volume push up " to signal short side may be taking over...
this when a person like me who fades the market can get into trouble if not careful.....these are the days that some trend traders live for ( the 20 % of the month and that's generous)...it can make their whole month........I tend to go with the days that happen the other 80% of the time...short signal just came at 73.25....69 is target......obviously this is a strong move up that I'm trying to fade....lower volume push up and broke two ticks below the current high...for those who want a signal////
previous high volume bars then become the magnets/targets....so the 69 is critical and then the 65 - 63 area as we have two volume areas overlapping
64.50 is my final exit....note the high volume push into the Value area high that diverged from previous up pushes...
cool PT...the thing I like about this volume work is that when we trend the high volume bars will become support.....I'm not taking those as it is not a strength of mine but I look to them for exits from fades......next volume magnet would be the 1459 area but I'm flat....will be interesting if this stair step continues...
quote:
Originally posted by pt_emini

got two longs off your ES support level for nice profits, along with another couple of very nice mid trend longs in the ER2...

trading 101...big gap down into support... pick a direction...... the rest is just position management

i'm looking at the 70 - 72.50 area for resistence.....need to get and stay above that for any further upside otherwise we may roll over...down into the 57 area...prices at 66.50 currently...so long side needs some work....I prefer shorts up here...
1362 looks like support for now, hopefully the market lifts from this higher base coming out of lunch
well I'm starting my shorts up here at 1397 here in overnight to target the 1389 area and then the 82 area.....so my key zones...

1402 - 1405

1386 - 1389

1381 - 1382.50

1370 - 72.50

Good luck today...I think I'm going to need it....lol
whew..got a fill at 83.75.......what a ripp off.....what the hell was that???
software bugging out.......
OK, I wanted to get back to this thread once I purchased a microphone that worked....I made a video for the day trading threads last week which can be found here in case you haven't seen it

http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/6588/1/es-trading-4-6-11

But if you've already seen it then skip down to this new video I just made...It's basically demonstrating the same things but it involves somewhat of a trend day..not a classic trend day as we had that consolidation period in the middle......and don't forget to do a search on user "BeyondMP" he made some posts with additional ideas you may consider if you like volume.

No video below? Try this link: trend.swf