ES 9-30-08

I just covered all of these in the overnight at 1253.50...I'll consider this a "gift" and a failed campaign because of the high risk and overnight exposure.......thanks again for the support and encouragement......

one thing that many aspiring traders don't always factor in is TIME.......OUR personal time...

I've got two kids and one on the way.....it's 4:21 in the morning on the east coast and I am UP managing this trade......I'm 47 years old and I need to sleep..lol..........While I'm happy to exit the trade it's just not worth the wear and tear on ones personal life at times....

You folks with the options had the right idea.....

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

I went in at 27.25...three.....avergae price on this campaign is 1148...whew...that's a mess...targeting 62.50.....but when...?

Sold those Oct calls, still long the Nov SPY. Long Oct SPY 116 puts at 4.4 (es was at 1163)
Should have waited till the ES hit 1174...
Bought some GLD oct 85 calls at 4.00, first time I have traded them.
popstocks,

You run think or swim right? I have a question, I want to get rid of the overnight trading on my charts do you now how to do that? And do you know how to save a chart to post it on this forum?

Thanks either way...
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

Using what I think is Kool's cycle projection technique, based on the last two cycles I think the system calls for 69.5-70.25 or the 26 - 27 area ??? FWIW, big $ has been accumulating all during today's pit session while small $ has been distributing.

Now if I had only believed that upper projection ... LOL
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

popstocks,

You run think or swim right? I have a question, I want to get rid of the overnight trading on my charts do you now how to do that? And do you know how to save a chart to post it on this forum?

Thanks either way...

Never mind I found it

quote:

quote:

Using what I think is Kool's cycle projection technique, based on the last two cycles I think the system calls for 69.5-70.25 or the 26 - 27 area ??? FWIW, big $ has been accumulating all during today's pit session while small $ has been distributing.

Now if I had only believed that upper projection ... LOL

Pres,

How did you come up with that projection?
MPTV - one cycle had a high of 52.25 and low of 41.5 for a spread of 10.75. The next cycle had a high of 53.75 and low of 43.5 for a spread of 10.25. 10.75 X 2.618 is 28.15 which added to the cycle low of 41.5 yielded 69.65. 10.25 X 2.618 is 26.83 which added to the cycle low of 43.5 yielded 70.33. I think that's how Kool did it Saturday. So far we have hit 69.75 for the high.
quote:

MPTV - one cycle had a high of 52.25 and low of 41.5 for a spread of 10.75. The next cycle had a high of 53.75 and low of 43.5 for a spread of 10.25. 10.75 X 2.618 is 28.15 which added to the cycle low of 41.5 yielded 69.65. 10.25 X 2.618 is 26.83 which added to the cycle low of 43.5 yielded 70.33. I think that's how Kool did it Saturday. So far we have hit 69.75 for the high.

What time chart were u using for these cycles and could u please include the time of the high and lows so I could look it up.

Thanx man
There's ES 74 I was targeting, got some more puts avg now is 4.15. I knew it was going to 74, I think I got a good entry on the seconds though, high Ticks, $tick avg, and some good numbers around here.
Kel, answer is on the Pops video thread.(ps; remember not necessarily THE downside of any given cycle or movement but a possible support point where a bounce of some kind might be expected)