ES 12-18-2008

Good morning to the USA, good evening in Asia. As of now, 45 min before RTH. It took a steep plunge to the pivot at 903, all in less than 10 min.

As a short term scalper. Lets see for the first 3 mins to confirm EMA3 is on top of EMA9, 3 green candles with bearish resistance with MACD pointing up. Target 4 points with SL at 3. Trailing stop change to 5 when price changes to 3.

Have a profitable day everyone.
Click image for original size
45 mins to RTH 18 Dec 2008
For those who use price projections, I have a question when you get a chance:

Would you say that the longer term projections usually over power those created from smaller time frames or do the smaller time frames affect to a greater degree the accuracy of the longer time frames?

Whew...that's a mouthful hope that makes sense
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

bigs buying - now net -26400

-32700 now : not much conviction
quote:

quote:

bigs buying - now net -26400

-32700 now : not much conviction

Wow - so much for conviction : now -17200
Ah Yes,,,her famous 3/10 oscillator...good stuff.....

I sent CharterJoe her manual ( or a copy of it)and now he's disappeared......Perhaps he really found the Grail and is off making millions....that makes sense....I liked the first cross too as an entry if my memory serves me...thanks pdq..
quote:
Originally posted by PDQ

Hi BruceM:
Yes, failed Grails will signal a larger move in the opposite direction....One filter I use for entry is the 3-10-16 MACD: If the fast line on this oscillator has re-traced back to zero before the price has re-traced to the 20EMA, then I will try to enter a bit beyond the 20EMA. With that said, be aware that I have missed several entries by a tick or two by being too conservative with this entry.

bruce he had talked about joining her room
they bought really hard off of the 880 area retest. that will be an interesting level for tomorrow
and yes bruce the bigger time frame projections do indeed carry more weight
Hey Jack...did you ever look at Connors work on the Trin etc....some of it actually works and is fairly simple.....I'd like to see more of your trades and work when you get a chance...incorporating the internals to get the pulse of the market is a great way to keep you on the right side
OK, maybe he liked the stuff so much he abandoned us.....I liked his MP work...
quote:
Originally posted by VOwater

bruce he had talked about joining her room

Thanks Vo that's what I had imagined ...so you can use price projection failures on the lower time frame to get you going in the direction of the larger time frame......
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Thanks Vo that's what I had imagined ...so you can use price projection failures on the lower time frame to get you going in the direction of the larger time frame......
quote:

speaking of failures....*cough *cough

(im alluding to myself)

yes yes i need more confidence but poking fun at myself is better than seriously saying im a tool.