ES 12-26-08

Good morning all! just sold 2@ the 15 min deadly projection of 868.50; Lets keep in mind however that there is an outstanding hourly projection of 871.25 yet to be fullfilled.
man, the cme should compensate us for the sheer boredom today! less than a 7 handle range so far!
is today a full trading day???
Since Christmas was a disaster for retailers, I expected a down day
mp is market profile vah stands for value area high and poc means point of control val would be value area low. 70% of tpo counts make up value area, and I believe tpo stands for trading price opportunity. Market profile is a different way of see market movement not like a chart. There is a market profile thread in the forum that might help understand this type of trading, sorry if this was confusing. MP is new lesson learned.
Correct me if I'm wrong but MP = Market Profile
VAH = Value area high and POC = Point of control

quote:
Originally posted by feng456

what is VAH? MP? POC?

thanks bruce
thanks all
the line in the sand is 867.50
Here is something to look at...

Using Kool's cycle method plus a fib fan+retracement
we get a possible price lineup coming next week. This indicates that there could be a possible big move ie straddle might be a good idea to look into... But Kools cycle is showing a mini'low' so maybe this move would be biased to the upside and there is also an abc pattern before this still not negated...
This is something I just came across, throw some ideas out there what you think about it?

Click image for original size
2008 12 26 toschartsfibfanretracementpluscycletechniqueliningup