ES short term trading 6-11-10

The Numbers:

If we open within the 74 - 83.50 we may get two sided chop around trade...especially if we can't stay above the 83.50 high so be on the lookout for that concept...Many will want to try and sell the first rally up....I will! It seems like it will be a tough battle to go up from here...

1093 - 96 ***** key Resistence, RAT, R1 and minimum 3 WAR target

86 - 87.50 Rat and Gap days low...

81.25 - 83.50 Rat and PD high

1074 - 1075 ******A Rat, POC the PV and it was the origination point of the break out YD...the key to watch

1067 - 1068.75 Rat and YD low *****

The 75 and 68.75 are the most important RATs of the day because they are support. We need to hold those if the 3 WAR is going to hit it's upside minimum target which is 1093 as per September.

1061.25 *** S1 and RAT
Originally posted by sjzeno

1068.25 -- VAL
1073.75 -- POC
1076.75 -- VAH

Are these numbers correct for todays session?

I tried using the MP calculator just want to double check.

Also does anyone know how to calculate the VAH/POC/VAL for the $TICK??

They look good to me. You can also confirm your numbers by looking at the MP numbers that are posted here.

I don't think that you could do that for $TICK because by nature it's ranged bound. However, I've never tried so it would be interesting to see what it shows. Just do the same thing. 30 minute bars of the $TICK and drop the highs and lows in there.
Thanks DT.

I tried putting in the 30min bars for the $TICK but it said the range was to wide, I need to be a premium member to do that.

Have you ever heard of a VAP or VP study? I think thats what one has to do to get the numbers for the $TICK
I'm out for a -10.5. I'm done with this plan/strategy as it is clearly not profitable.
flat at the 75 RAT print....all air filled....an "almost " ovb at the highs off 15 minute but 5 minute OVB held.for u pattern folks......chop now I think....
Originally posted by sjzeno

Thanks DT.

I tried putting in the 30min bars for the $TICKbut it said the range was to wide, I need to be a premium member to do that.

Have you ever heard of a VAP or VP study? I think that's what one has to do to get the numbers for the $TICK

Let's continue this conversation here:

http://www.mypivots.com/Board/Topic/3107/-1/market-profile-calculator
ledge forming at 80.75 if anyone is still here...assuming this 30 minute bar does go back uop before 3:30 close...
Bruce,

Could you explain the ledge a little? I see on the 5-minute chart that there were for candles that topped at the 1080.75 level. Is that a level to be tested/rejected for more upside? I see we broke to the upside and to new highs for the day.
Originally posted by BruceM

Full 3 DAR is 21.25 points and 80% is 17 points...so will once again trade 2- 3 Rats. The Value area has contracted if we compare Thursday and Wednesday so that isn't the greatest sign that this brief two day rally is that strong. Normally you want to see the Value area expand as it draws in different time frame traders who want to get on board for longer moves....Not a perfect concept but one to be aware of.

Low range O/N so far ahead of the 8:30 report.

Looks like we got the RATs at 75, 81.25, and 87.5.
and we traded 2 ticks shy of the 80% 3 dar....( 17 points added to todays low)..I'll get to your ledge question later..I gotta run now...

80% of the 3 war on the June contract projected to 1096...and we traded to 1092.25......not too shabby considering that was made on the close of Tuesday Trade and we rolled over!! Just patting self on the back today....ha!

Projections are fun but I prefer to make money...!!
Originally posted by Piker

Originally posted by BruceM

Full 3 DAR is 21.25 points and 80% is 17 points...so will once again trade 2- 3 Rats. The Value area has contracted if we compare Thursday and Wednesday so that isn't the greatest sign that this brief two day rally is that strong. Normally you want to see the Value area expand as it draws in different time frame traders who want to get on board for longer moves....Not a perfect concept but one to be aware of.

Low range O/N so far ahead of the 8:30 report.

Looks like we got the RATs at 75, 81.25, and 87.5.
You gotta spring for Dalton's book too !! Best 25 or 30 bucks you'll spend..read about spikes...too...cya..I'll answer later on ledges
Has there been a study, or is there a link for more info about the rat

I know this is here on mypivots :
Rats are fixed prices around which the Emini S&P500 (ES) is said to pivot based on the last 2 whole numbers of the price. The last 2 whole numbers of the ES at their extremes are 00 and 100. Using these as starting points we split them 4 times to get all of our rat levels at 6.25 points apart.

This says they are said to pivot .. this is why I ask if there is more info. about them

TIA