ES Short Term Trading 9-24-10

Already broke yesterdays high and my downtrend line quickly.. Things like this can happen when you don't break 1117.
Thick black line at 1124.75 is the former high previously known as 1129 on the old contract.I think we all know the other levels. 1100 or 1160?
Click image for original size
es 12 10 9242010 60 min
using your thread David here is my first post from over there

"short 33.75 print...that is key volume from Fed day I mentioned a few times....

other magnets are 27- 28.50....air in O/N too down there

and 22.75

Could be a fun one today

40 is next resitance if very wrong.....Report at 10 again "
Here we are so far since the 8:30 news. Yesterdays finish held 1117, pretty impressive. Both NQ and YM have taken out there highs from YD already while the ES has not. Maybe waiting for RTH to test?

footprint 9242010
Dollar is weak this morning which has coincided with strength in equities over the last while.
after getting stopped out at O/N highs I'm going again short at 38.50...I know open type drive out and that 40 sits above..trying to get under 36 area hopefully before reports hit
And just so others like BruceM understand where I'm coming from...I hold 'volume' to be a following measurement only, and not one to base any trading off of.

One will note that MP is only a revenue generator for an exchange.
DavidS, what is the best way to post images here?
I save it to my Documents and upload it from the reply box. I'm not the best to ask tech questions though.
Will respond to some of your other posts another time.
Rapid ramp that breaks all those levels and lines so far.
es 12 10 9242010 60 min2
Welcome to the forum Lucky...we look forward to your trades that don't use volume or MP.......of course feel free to post consistent ideas after the fact that we can follow but if you really want to impress us then post something as or before it happens......all numbers below and above market hit eventually but actually taking trades is very different...

So I'm looking forward to your work.
Originally posted by luckytwelve

And just so others like BruceM understand where I'm coming from...I hold 'volume' to be a following measurement only, and not one to base any trading off of.

One will note that MP is only a revenue generator for an exchange.
new trade on at 40.50 ...short again
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Friday close was above the 1140 which is the top of the zone it also closed above 1141 a key # for me...this was a weekly close as well so I am still looking for more up...gotta have a plan..

====================================================================
We made it to zone 1163.25/1167.50..this area is hit 80% 0f
the time...the next zone above is 1176.00/1180.00 and is hit
90% of the time....I view these as giant magnets...we seem
to have stalled at these areas...some say a reversal is near.

Its one thing to see a cluster of #s in an area...but if I know
how often the area is hit I have a better idea of market direction