ES Short Term Trading 02-16-2011

Here is the developing RTH profile. So far most of the volume is right around that HVN (green line) at 1326.25.

Click image for original size
30minmp02152011
Bingo on 1331.50! Took 1331.25 for my short cause they didnt seem to want to fill me at 1331.50... any way be advised of two facts: the averages (which denote the trend) on the 5 or 30 min chart have NOT yet turned negative, so this is a bit risky. But if we proceed to that 1325 area and by some chance close near there, it would make a nice reversal candle on the daily charts!...heres hoping!
trips still up at 33.50 but VWAP is currently resistance.

Originally posted by koolblue

Bingo on 1331.50! Took 1331.25 for my short cause they didnt seem to want to fill me at 1331.50... any way be advised of two facts: the averages (which denote the trend) on the 5 or 30 min chart have NOT yet turned negative, so this is a bit risky. But if we proceed to that 1325 area and by some chance close near there, it would make a nice reversal candle on the daily charts!...heres hoping!

Well Kools tools followers were not surprised by the brick wall at 1336, but i wondered how the street will try to explain it... from cnbc website.."Stocks Trim Gains Amid Iran Concerns"...LOL
"Stocks significantly pared gains amid word out of Israel that Iranian warships would be going through the Suez Canal." lol oh oh!

It always amazes me how the talking heads try to rationalize the moves in the market. Uhhh, it's just trading dummies. Guess they need a job too though
Yeah, i see that ,Lorn... my 13 min has the vwap at 1332.09, another reason i can play this with a tight stop(currently at 1332.75) . Since im up 3 handles today, if stopped out, no harm ,no foul! I'll BE A BREAKEVEN!
Yeah, Drob! they arnt analysts so they have to try and find a reason ,i suppose!
cmon Mr. market, give daddy a good downside projection! lol
It sure appears im gonna be toast here! I cant emphasize enough that the averages have not signalled a trend change yet!(i know theyre lagging indicators)...
stop hit at 1332.75... back to breakeven on the day...watching...
es 03 11 2162011 1 min

Slumber well Kool and thanks to all