ES short term trading 4-1-11

Good morning! Set for a wild open, eh! I thought i'd briefly touch on the thought process i have going into a typical trading session. First, as you may know i have a longer term bullish bias, thinking that 1241 was a supreme buying opportunity to an expected move up to 1426 at a minimum, probably by June. I am much more cautious shorter term however,feeling that a short term top may be overdue. So that the set up! Now for today! Yesterday i pointed out 2 days with a very tiny daily range in the es, would likely yield a big range (strong move) day very soon. The fact that today is unemployment day made that a no-brainer. lol. Anyway, being jobs day, remember ive shown in the past that , historically, its best to 'fade' the opening move! That means if we open down, you would want to buy! Conversely ,if we have a strong move up opening, that would be bearish!... i know thats hard to believe ,but thats just history! It certainly appears so far that the bearish scenerio,may be taking hold... in other words i'll likely be looking for shorts! And heres what im looking at as we come to the opening of the rth session...
Click image for original size
Bulls tried at 10:29. Retest was on low volume, 125 contracts at top. So shorts entered (or bulls exited) at column /time 10:55.

2011 04 011104
Bulls now entering at 1331.25-1331.50 - no time for capture, the stop of my short is close
Bulls enetered again - situation fluid. More bulls entered since caption was taken. Canot keep up, but wanted to show recent effort of the bulls.
2011 04 011127
there's a VPOC at 1335 we may be heading for.
new short from 33.50...taget is 31.75
here's the chart with the vpoc and some other lines i was using this morning.
41 tpo
Looking back. There was an unfilled gap on ES on Feb 21 - 1333.25 to 1337.50. We are right at the bottom of that gap. They may give us a quick gap close. Careful with shorts.
good guess,Lisa! i tend to agree..lol well, i told you we'd get a big day.. only noon and 13 handles already today!...and more to come! Trust me!...im also targeting that 1337 area as a minimum objective... we'll see... love to buy lower, but odds are they wont let us
not quite there yet!(but getting close!)
mean reversion model5735image004
nice optimus...we now have triples 1332....volume in general drying up but that doesn't mean we can't have those annoying surges...

adding at 33 ....target is still 31.75.....I have 36 for a number if wrong up here
i'm at the office so i can't post a chart but if you look at early to mid Feb the market did the same thing when they hit the 1330 levels. There seems to be a brick wall at the 1333-1335 levels. Maybe someone could look into this and confirm?
My guess is there is balance between sellers and buyers at these levels and with no significant news or reports we will stay stagnate until that changes with earnings reports or other news.
with recent flar ups of trouble in jordan and the middle east,our own senate not able to agree on a budget, i would suspect the market is approaching higher levels a little cautiously to see what happnes over the weekend.