MP and Volume Profile Questions

This is for me and any other folks who desire a better understanding and interpretation/reading of Market Profile and Volume Profile. Obviously, Bruce, Lorn and some others can probably address this best.

Many posts show the prior day's MP/VolProfile with the VAH/VAL and POC as a chart. Lorn regularly posts the "overnight" ES chart, typically coming into the RTH session.

I'll focus on just Volume Profile at this point. What are folks looking at for the VP ... the prior day's RTH session, with its VAH/VAL and POC? Or are folks incorporating the Overnight session (like Lorn posts) seperately ... or is it "better" to chart the prior day with the overnight, showing a "cumulative" picture coming into the current trading session?

Also, there are times when a post will describe the "meshing" of the past two day's VP activity ... and are folks just looking at HV and LV nodes? In addition, won't there be VAH/VAL and POC levels that are different from just the prior day?

Then there's the unfolding session where the VP (or MP) is being "built" in real time beginning with the RTH session. I think you've done a video on the current session unfolding, Bruce.

What is the arrangement of significance from the different mappings I've listed above (and others) that carries the most weight typically in analysis?

Been thru Dalton's stuff lightly and also Volume Profile analysis. But I'm looking for how one would decide to rank the HV and LV nodes, along with VAH and VAL along with POC. Charts will show variations based on what data is used. Fill me and others in if you will Bruce ... or Lorn ... or anyone who has been following the daily ES MP/VolProf analysis.

Hope this questioning makes sense. It'd be useful for me and hopefully others to better set up our software to track and watch what is being incorporated into the analysis for the posts.

MM
This is amazing I must say. The look of the review was clear and understandable, I don't know what others think about it because the sentence where placed in a very low team that everyone will easily store into his or her brain. Once again thanks for the update.
I can only support and agree with your statement, indeed it is.
This is an amazing thread with these links, thank you so much. Im going to go through them all. Im really interested in volume and adding it to my trading
How did you get on with adding them? Did you find them useful?
Definitely going to check Volume Profiling out. Ive heard a lot of good things about it
I have a question about the volume listed under the Daily Notes on the Russell. Does that number include the Micro as well as the Regular volume?
Originally posted by smithgar

I have a question about the volume listed under the Daily Notes on the Russell. Does that number include the Micro as well as the Regular volume?

Just the regular. The volume for each symbol is only for that symbol.
im going to check this out this week coming. Thanks for posting in the right direction
Is there a more advanced volume profile that has just started to be used in turkey?
Is there a more advanced volume profile that has just started to be used in turkey?