ES Monday 2-3-14

two quick pics of the zones I think are most important...it's too early to confirm prices or come up with a plan but we must be mindful of that 80 area...that is also where a lot of time was spent last week...a week in which showed signs of balancing....now the key question is are we balancing to make a new leg higher or are we balancing to show acceptance of lower prices to sell off....? I don't know and too long term for me.....Where we open today in relation to fridays VA will be important and give us some clues to see if we are to remain in balance still

one chart is the time composite and one shows the day sessions with key zone of friday and above and below...essentially the same areas
Click image for original size
comp

Click image for original size
esh4
No need to apologize, your point was ringing the register and calling it a day. Otherwise the pull of over trading becomes to great. Like that would ever happen :)
I think I posted my targets which were 62.50 and 63.75 or 63.50...either way we wanted to get out in front of that upper zone just in case....was that the one Bkay ?
nice trading bruce
Originally posted by BruceM

I think I posted my targets which were 62.50 and 63.75 or 63.50...either way we wanted to get out in front of that upper zone just in case....was that the one Bkay ?
No it was more philosophical in nature. Don't kill yourself trying to remember. There will be more pearls of wisdom in the future I'm sure.
oh yeah...been guilty on that one TOO many times...nothing worse than having a great morning and then screwing up over lunch or in the afternoon......as a fader I am much better off stopping at 90 minutes or at the very least trade small if I see some kind of lunchtime idea set up with minimal contracts in play......it's in the first 90 minutes that they love to test the key ranges, value areas , poc's etc....later in the day is more prone to trend but either way it's better to close it down sooner than later most days for me
Originally posted by bkay59

No need to apologize, your point was ringing the register and calling it a day. Otherwise the pull of over trading becomes to great. Like that would ever happen :)
where is the "north" for u if you don't mind me asking..? U mentioned coffe over beer..Are you in the U.S ? Luckily the cold has snapped here in VT and it's been actually enjoyable outside the last few days sledding and stuff........that bitter cold is useless..
Originally posted by duck

nice trading bruce
long 56.25 target is 57.75 stop 3 point
i live on the h2o highway
dam stop out
buyers are looking to this 54.50 to firm up......and then go target 57 above......no more for me today... cya tomorrow...good luck if u r on the long
thanks for posting that ETM.....hard to beleive we have 3 sets of singles on the charts...lets see if they can get at least one cleaned up before days end...closing out my calls at single fill or days end...these weeklies have so much decay that holding overnight is not wise