ES Thursday 12-4-14

How my zones look for the overnight and Thursday trade...some nice confluence
Click image for original size
for thursday
cool stuff today folks..thanks for getting that on...buying tail in On at 66 area confirms that zone below I posted so still valid...I think 69 - 71 is magnet price so I prefer to use that as a magnet instead of a place to put on trades.....we need to add the 72.75 as a key price as O/N vpoc/poc is right at YD va high...so i would prefer sells above that and buys as close to 66 as possible.....otherwise I need to wait this out
starting small longs at 67.75...plan is to add in if needed down near 66
all out at 70.....don't trust this zone
Nice trade Bruce.... I got out of one at BE. Bad entry... Looking for another one here
just a quick FYI.....options that we sold for 140 are only worth 85 so you would have been wise to either close this out or at least part of your position on the open today....I will set up another one near 3:30 today for tomorrow just for kicks.....a high risk trade like that is best to take profit when u have it and people should read APK's very important comments at the end of YD thread
just grinding it out in the zone....
yep, u can't be too cautious with those strategies imo...when the profit is there u have to take it...

also, is there a way to get that median imp volaitlity from that website Bruce? would like to see the performance of just naked strangles vs the spreads during various periods of time

Originally posted by BruceM

just a quick FYI.....options that we sold for 140 are only worth 85 so you would have been wise to either close this out or at least part of your position on the open today....I will set up another one near 3:30 today for tomorrow just for kicks.....a high risk trade like that is best to take profit when u have it and people should read APK's very important comments at the end of YD thread
we are holding above yest buying tail edge at 67.5 so imo bulls still have the upper hand....but we built a decent range above between 71.25 and 75-76 and we haven't been able to get back inot it decisively so i think that is the battle now...above 67.5 and below 71.25 is the war zone
and it certainly doesn't help that yet vpoc (69.75) is right in the middle

Originally posted by apk781

we are holding above yest buying tail edge at 67.5 so imo bulls still have the upper hand....but we built a decent range above between 71.25 and 75-76 and we haven't been able to get back inot it decisively so i think that is the battle now...above 67.5 and below 71.25 is the war zone
No open drive today, slow tempo.

I'm thinking that they would like to test yesterday's DL 2065.50 and maybe O/N low 2064.50.
unfortunately i do not have data that goes back that much because i had not yet started collecting it.

i went through my set and it looks like i have only a month's worth. sorry