Pivot Point Calculator

quote:
Question on 04-03-05 05:48 PM:
For example say the price is 110 01.5' would'nt I enter 110 3/64 but the calculator is not excepting. I am old school(computer illiterate,but working on it). Thanks

You would enter 11003 and then click on the 64ths radio button.

You need to enter all the bond numbers (i.e. open, high, low, close) in 64ths if you enter 1 in this way.

If you click the 64ths radio button then the calculator assumes that the rightmost 2 digits are the fractional part.

So if you enter 11003 then it splits that out into 110 and 03.
A new online Pivot Point Calculator by DeltaT1 is now available on the DeltaT1 web site:

Pivot Point Calculator

DeltaT1 were heard saying: "We think that this is the most comprehensive, flexible, and simply the best, Pivot Point Calculator available. In fact we challenge anybody to show us a better one."

Add any questions and comments about it here.
I been using pivots for quite some time and I found this site looking for the camarilla pivot point formula... which seems to be working great.
however I found that the classic formula doesn,t give the same results.. those are (R3 = R2 + RANGE)and (S3 = S2 - RANGE ) dont have the same results as most other pivot calculators found on the web.

I havent seen any other pivot calculator with R4 and S4.. so I cant compare it but if R3 and S3 dont work as they should I dont thing (R4 = R3 + RANGE) and (S4 = S3 - RANGE) is working either
pive: What do you think that the formula for R3 should be? Do you have the URL of another pivot calculator on the web that gives a different result?
I checked around and found the formula for R3 and S3 to be (R3 = R1 + Range), (S3 = S1 - Range) which now coincides with most other pivot calculators
Now if we follow the sequence we can come up with R4 and S4 being
(R4 = R2 + range), (S4 = S2 - Range)... and if we keep following the sequence we can come up with an unlimited number of pivots

So I can add a R5 and S5 pivot (R5 = R3 + range), (S5 = S3 - Range) and so on

Some sites I found have R3 and S3 pivots but none with R4 and S4 making this calculator unique
Thanks for your post pive!

I checked the sites you mentioned and looked at the
Pivot Calculator and see that those sites use the "Woodie" set (in the "Quick Change Formula Set" option) with a standard Pivot Point of (H+L+C)/3.

So basically a combination of Woodie and Classic.

The objective of creating this Pivot Calculator was to give the trader the flexibility to use the formulae that work best in the market and time frame that they are trading and not forcing them into using a dictated or predetermined formulae such as the other sites. That is why the drop down boxes allow you to select the formulae.

You've brought up a valid point that perhaps another option for calculating R4 and S4 should be provided for traders. I'll look into adding that - but I've never heard of R4 and S4 being calculated like that so I'd like to hear from someone that uses R4/S4...?
quote:
Quote: Originally posted by pive

I checked around and found the formula for R3 and S3 to be (R3 = R1 + Range), (S3 = S1 - Range) which now coincides with most other pivot calculators...

Hi Pive,

I've done a bit of work on the Pivot Calculator and I've now added cookies to that page.

If you set the formulae to the ones that you want to use then each time you come back to that page the formulae will be the same as when you last used them.

This should allow you to customize the page to suit your preferences. I hope that this helps.

(It also remembers the input numbers and other settings that you last used.)

Guy
Recent question:

quote:
hi if you can, will you please tell me when is the best time of day to calculate the open/close hi lo pivots for the EUR/USD GBP/USD as i trade these two currency pairs on an intraday bases, i would love to start using the pivot point calculator, but as the markets are 24hrs i do not now what time of day to take the numbers from i.e. open close, can you help me please
respectfully

Unfortunately I don't trade those currency pairs so I can't comment on the best time frames from which to draw the figures.

I can, however, suggest that you take a look at the following factors when determining what time of day to use as your cut-off:
1. When is the market most liquid? i.e. When does volume pick up and tail off?
2. What timeframes have historically worked for the pivots in the past? Try this link: How to back test pivot point

I hope this helps.
Guy
Here is an interesting email exchange that I had recently.

quote:

On 9/3/05, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Pivot Point Calculator from mindovermatter.com is better than any I have seen.

---------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 16:10:14 -0400 "Guy" writes:

It says that the web site is for sale? There doesn’t appear to be a pivot calculator there...

Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 10:46 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: A better Pivot Point Calculator

Do a search for Pivot 2.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 03:48:08 -0400 "Guy" <[email protected]> writes:

Using what?
Google shows up nothing linking to mindovermatter...
Do you have the link to the pivot calculator?

Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 10:34 AM

I found it with Yahoo search.......and it is better than any of the other "spread sheet calculators" such as yours.

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 11:11:57 -0400 "Guy" <[email protected]> writes:

Well what’s the URL of this calculator? I can’t comment if I haven’t seen it. It could easily be better than mine but I can’t agree/disagree with you until I’ve seen it.

Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:42 PM

To use pivot 2 all you have to do is enter the symbol, not H, L & C.
So go to Yahoo and get it and stop bothering me.

quote:
Originally posted by guy

Here is an interesting email exchange that I had recently.
quote:
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:42 PM

To use pivot 2 all you have to do is enter the symbol, not H, L & C.

i assume you found it, but JIC ...

http://www.mind0vermarket.com/mindovermarkets/pivot.asp?SYMBOL=%5EGSPC

take care -

omni

BTW: still lol'ing about

quote:

guy, you know how to bring it out in people, dontcha?
quote:
Originally posted by omni72

guy, you know how to bring it out in people, dontcha?

I certainly do

Thanks for the link omni - I'd actually given up and forgotten about the pivot calculator after I he told me to stop bothering him.

I'm not sure if I've ever initiated a conversation with someone and then told them to stop bothering me. Is that in chapter 1 of Carnegie's How to Win Friends etc...?
Interesting... I stuck in some numbers and it came up with this result. (My inputs are at the top)

What are the M numbers? There's no explanation on the site or formula to show how they are calculated?

Why are S3 and M0 so much higher than all the other numbers?

Click image for original size
Forex Master Maker Pivot Calculator Test.