quote:
While many program-teaching trading Web rooms
promise the perfect combination of indicators to
make you huge profits, one trader is promising
results with no indicators.
Steve Boyd, better known as Kingfish, a day trader of 25
years, with 20 years of S&P trading experience, has a trading
program that doesn’t use a single study or indicator —
it’s all about charts and specific chart types...

from the same article:

quote:
...While there are no published past histories of hypothetical
or real earnings, Boyd says his program on its own has
no losing days, but it’s up to the individual trader to
decide which trades to take and follow-through with. He
says he offers the free trial because he encourages traders
to witness the program for themselves.

and

quote:
Boyd’s program costs $6,000, although that does buy you a lifetime membership and you can come and go as you please and participate whenever you like.
it would be interesting to see one of his patterns that he trades off and then monitor it here like guy is doing with the singles strategy in market profile - anybody know any of his patterns?
quote:
Originally posted by phylup

it would be interesting to see one of his patterns that he trades off and then monitor it here like guy is doing with the singles strategy in market profile - anybody know any of his patterns?

I had taken a free trial of Kingfish in 2003. I watched him for three days and all his winning trades corresponded to single prints on the Market Profile. Result were astounding. All trades (matching single prints) were 10 point winners.
quote:
Originally posted by BUZZ200

quote:

I had taken a free trial of Kingfish in 2003. I watched him for three days and all his winning trades corresponded to single prints on the Market Profile. Result were astounding. All trades (matching single prints) were 10 point winners.

Did he explain why he was taking the trades? Did he call them single print trades? Or did he have another signal that identified them?
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BUZZ200

quote:

Did he explain why he was taking the trades? Did he call them single print trades? Or did he have another signal that identified them?

I was just on the free trial. He has two roomS on paltalk. One for those who have paid the entire fees and other for the trial offer. In the trial room he doesnot explain any of his trades. He won't tell you why he is taking the trade. He just calls out the trade. However I was using a Market Profile chart and found that the winning trades for the 3 days I attended matched single prints on the MP.

Perhaps you should sign up for his free trial and check this out.
Hi everyone-

I picked up on this forum and really like the way everyone handles themselves. Ive been trading the sp since the late 80's and have been to the top and to the bottom. I dont want my first post to tout anything but since its the subject of this string, I can tell you first hand that KF doesnt use Market Profile...or anything else for that matter. Its pure price action with no studies or indicators to mess with. It seems so odd in this industry but the floor doesnt use charts..."charts are for sailors" as it goes. Everyone is invited to the free trial so go on in and judge what he does for yourself. You wont get alot of detail of course, but you can hear him call the turns in advance a couple hours in advance sometimes and see all the members with a "fish" in their screen names. (they earned it by making a single entry 10pt profit trade) They are trading premarket too so you can get a feel even before the market opens. And dont worry about alot of hard sell. On the contrary. Theres a trade management deal he gives out. Its worth the visit if it can take some of the strain off your trades. Hope to contribute what I can in the future.
quote:
Originally posted by majamaem

Hi everyone-
...I can tell you first hand that KF doesnt use Market Profile...or anything else for that matter. Its pure price action with no studies or indicators to mess with...

Hi majamaem,

Great to hear a positive comment like that about KF. I am also thinking about trying out his free trial but as you said you don't get to see more than a few of his trades and you don't get to see what he teaches do you? (during the free trial I mean)

Can you give me some more information about how you have done with him? Like, how long you have been in his room? How your success has been etc? Value for money?

What concerns and confuses me is that I hear people talking about "price action" that he trades and nothing else. Does he teach you how to trade price action? Are there patterns that he looks at? Does he watch volume? Can you post a typical chart that you watch during the day to give me a feel for what is on and not on your chart?

Thanks again for your input.
George-

During the week free trial you hear alot more than a few calls but you get little in the way of "how" or teaching. As I mentioned earlier, he does give up a trade management strategy that destresses your trades and their is also a proprietary "prop" stop you will hear the room members talk about that keeps you in the trade...and allows the +10 point profits.

Ive been in and out for over a year and use just a couple of his many trades. It might be considered by some to be a bit pricy at 6000 but you get what you pay for I guess. The members tout it to be the most powerful trading program on the planet and he has a pretty vast membership. Its pretty unusual too because he teaches you to be independent. Once you learn the program you can trade any market with it and you dont have to rely on him or anyone else for your trade decisions. But the other members are really a good group and its nice to take positions with a bunch of other people and "herd the pig" together, especially if u have been hurt before and into the "day watcher" mode instead of day trader mode.

His teaching centers around price action. there are some patterns that develop i suppose, but they are a result of price arnt they. No, theres no volume considered or rsi, momentum or anything else...just price.

And there are no magical charts George...just various time frames of common charts. I use QCharts. I would suggest u go check it out knowing he doesnt take on everyone that comes in the door. Ive seen him boot people out of the room on more than one occasion. But, if you want to see for yourself that the the teaching could turn your trading around, its a worthwhile visit. Hes a character so its just about guaranteed youll no doubt be entertained.

Thanks for your reply majamaem.

quote:
...their is also a proprietary "prop" stop you will hear the room members talk about that keeps you in the trade...and allows the +10 point profits.

Is this like the chandelier or safe stop method?

quote:
Ive been in and out for over a year and use just a couple of his many trades.

What does he trade? ES/NQ? What do you trade?

quote:
It might be considered by some to be a bit pricy at 6000 but you get what you pay for I guess. The members tout it to be the most powerful trading program on the planet and he has a pretty vast membership.

How many?

quote:
Its pretty unusual too because he teaches you to be independent. Once you learn the program...

How long does it take the average person to learn? How long did it take you to learn?

quote:
...into the "day watcher" mode instead of day trader mode.

I don't understand what you mean by "day watcher" versus "day trader" ?

Thanks for all your comments - I'm getting more and more interested. I'm also having a conversation at the moment with chartex and she is showing me volume at price which I'm also finding interesting.
XBull,

I'm the Cuong from Austin, TX that you're talking about. What's room are you talking about in 2005? Sorry to said but 99.9% of people I met that want to teach don't even trade. Most of them are loud mouth salesman that don't put money where their mouths are. Are you one of those loud mouths salesman?