Looking for trading partner for ES on profit sharing basis

Hi,

I'm looking for an experienced ES trader who trades ES using pivots and fibonacci S/R lines with tight stop loss (daytrading).

I'm looking for someone who can make atleast 25 points per Week.

I can share 50% of the profit made.

If anyone is interested please PM me, we can talk.

Thanks
Originally posted by grednfer

I like this post.......a performance challenge.
25 ES points per week is HUGE. I'd like to know the rules on that one.
Did you know that computes to around 100% return per month? Using a cash on cash model with a $5000 margin requirement.

I have an easier one. I'll even lower target and sweeten the profit sharing.
If you can trade an account I provide and acheive a minimum net of +10 ES points per week per contract for 3 weeks, I'll give you 75% of the profits. Thats only 2 points per day.....sounds easy huh? Consistency over time is the real challenge. And what you can do with 1 contract you can easily do with 10 or 20.

Grednfer,
I can very confidently net 10 ES pts/wk in a consistent manner, and I know "plenty" of others that can do the same. If you don't believe it, you will in 3 weeks I can tell you that with as much certainty as this business allows. However, the only way I would consider taking up someone's offer to trade their account is the ability to trade some size meaning 10 contracts or more. If you can offer another a suitable account to trade 10 contracts, we may have a deal. IMO, trading 1 contract is more difficult than trading multiple contracts, so yes, if someone can do it with 1 contract, their stats should improve with size.
Jedi
Just to make sure you understand the challenge....
10 ES points per week per contract.

If you trade 10 contracts that would be 100 points per week. The number of contracts is variable at the discretion of the trader. But the ROI goal is fixed. Cash on Cash - 10% per week - thats mean juice.

Still confident?

May the force be with you.

I'm ready when you are.

Just to make sure you understand the challenge....
10 ES points per week per contract.

If you trade 10 contracts that would be 100 points per week. The number of contracts is variable at the discretion of the trader. But the ROI goal is fixed. Cash on Cash - 10% per week - thats mean juice.

Still confident?

May the force be with you.

I'm ready when you are.

Yes. After the 1'st of the year will work for me. How do you want to arrange it? So if I succeed, you will give me an account to trade 10 contracts and I keep 70% and you keep 30% correct? With 10 contracts, I expect to be allowed a max DD of $3k/day though I don't anticipate going there most days but it can happen. Also, there should be no additional restrictions so I'm not required to trade everyday and can trade as often as I want in the day. The 2pts/day should be based on the size of the trade as well. If you agree to that, I am very confident I can accomplish this..
Skywalker,

To clarify
1. You have to have a plan. If you plan to trade with up to 10 contracts, then the ROI is fixed at 10x10=100 per week. Capital has to be allocated and the juice is running.

2. If you achieve a minimum of 100 points per week you will earn 75% of of the 300 points, which equals 225 points * $50 is $11,250. Costs will be prorated.

3. You may trade whenever you want and hold trades however long you wish.

4. Performance will be measured on a weekly basis and any weekly cumulative failure results in a failure of the entire goal. Which means if you plan to trade 10 contracts and only acheive 90 points in week one that would be considered failure and the excercise is over. Points can however be rolled into the following week. If you acheive 120 points in week one, you only need to capture 80 the following week to stay on target.....Understood?

5. You have to trade in Tradestation or Thinkorswim so I can supply the IDs and monitor performance. I have to reserve the right to cancel the exercise if it looks like you're wasting my time.

PM me is you're interested in moving forward.
OOOOOOOH ... this sounds like FUN!!! After all the build-up and parameters laid out, ya gotta keep us updated in some fashion so we can follow along.

Can't wait for Jan 2012. Can we create a "tradable" here to get long or short the outcome ... the JEDI E-MINI CONTRACT? Also, need some options on it so I can load the boat with a straddle (gotta have a cap on the implied volatility though - as in LOW - maybe 10%, heh). Gotta figger out the parameters of that one, huh.

Let the games begin!

And where the hell's dt001, the thread originator dude funder/trader guy?

ps. grednfer, gotta let me know the day before (if) you pull the plug and the JEDI CONTRACT gets "delisted" so I can liquidate my straddle position - Christmas in January, right ... we'll see.

pps. Jedi dude, good luck man ... hope you pull it off. That means everyone makes some hack and you'll grace the covers of ATMag and S&CMag with CNBC interviews!

Skywalker,

To clarify
1. You have to have a plan. If you plan to trade with up to 10 contracts, then the ROI is fixed at 10x10=100 per week. Capital has to be allocated and the juice is running.

2. If you achieve a minimum of 100 points per week you will earn 75% of of the 300 points, which equals 225 points * $50 is $11,250. Costs will be prorated.

3. You may trade whenever you want and hold trades however long you wish.

4. Performance will be measured on a weekly basis and any weekly cumulative failure results in a failure of the entire goal. Which means if you plan to trade 10 contracts and only acheive 90 points in week one that would be considered failure and the excercise is over. Points can however be rolled into the following week. If you acheive 120 points in week one, you only need to capture 80 the following week to stay on target.....Understood?

5. You have to trade in Tradestation or Thinkorswim so I can supply the IDs and monitor performance. I have to reserve the right to cancel the exercise if it looks like you're wasting my time.

PM me is you're interested in moving forward.

If I trade 10 contracts, they will not be traded the same way as if I trade 1 contract by going all in all out. The entry/exit will be scaled so I will not always get to ride full size, but I'm also less likely to miss trades and get shaken or give too much back from a move. I expect my overall edge will be slightly increased by the ability to scale. I will lose this advantage if I'm measured as if I'm always riding full size. However, I can also do this with 1 contract, though I consider trading 1 contract to be the most difficult of all size. If you are unable to provide the account to trade 10 contracts if/when I meet the challenge, its likely me that will be wasting my time but I might still do it just to show people it can be done.. Size can increase your edge if its used right.. Currently, I ride 1 contract on 90% of my runs and its a VERY rare week that my week is not over 10 ES pts net. I can write a plan for you but won't go into how I trade, its easy to get misunderstood there.
I understand scaling in....a retracement trade that lowers the cost basis with each successive entry....method doesn't matter to me in this exercise.

The point that I'm trying to make is even a mere 10 points per week is near impossible to acheive manually. Most humans don't have the concentration power or the physical strength (you might being a Jedi and all) to stay focused....which is why I don't trade manually...for the most part.

The original poster was looking for an "active" trading partner who who could net 25 points per week. Its a valid question, but the guy got kinda ridiculed (for being unreasonable) and vanished.

But its that performance expectation that drives people to search for a consistent method of making money in the market. The same expecation drives the design of our software-RETURN on Investment! Thats what the poster was looking for..ROI....his expecations may have been unreasonable according to some standards.....but thats where innovation is born....desire vs. wacky expecations.

Which is why I'm supportive of your quest. I want to see you succeed.
Tell me what you need!

The objective is ROI and you have to pick how many contracts so we can have a clear performance measure. 1,3,5 or 10 whatever.

This week would have been a good week right, for at least 10 points? Lots of up and down movement.

And by a plan I just meant to select how many contracts you were going to use.

Let me know.
Mon, I took 20 pts trading 1 contract. 10 pts/wk on 1 contract is very feasible, though 25pts/wk on 1 contract is a bit steep; I'm sure it can be done but I imagine "consistently" at that rate is a tall feat by even the best traders, THOUGH I do know one that is pulling in those stats on TF trading 1 contract and even slightly better...

Personally, I believe every trader should trade far undersize. ROI is different from number of contracts traded. You can trade 10 contracts on a $30k account if you want to and achieve a tremendous ROI but that's probably not the best idea. I think a $100k account is the minimum to trade 10 contracts in order not to risk more than 1% on each trade, hence it allows room to be wrong 3 times on full size before the daily limit is reached. Let's do 10 contracts with 20 pts/day assuming a $100k account for ROI - I assume this is sim for 3 weeks. IF it is live, we can trade with less to prove the same point.

I have not seen a mechanical system that can perform consistently under varied circumstances but I would love to be proven wrong there. I tried to PM you but was unable to do so.
Ya know.....the resolve required in trading 5-10 contracts is much different than trading 1 or 2. With 1 every tic is $12.5, with 10 its $125 per tic.......looks very different on the screen.

I'll try to PM you....

You know an easy way to capture 10 points per week. Sell a covered ES call. I think the 1235s (expiring in 2 days) were paying 12 points at the close. Next week you can get net 10 points for a 1225....good one. Week 3 pays 10 points for a 1210......we'll see huh...

Yes and BTW TF (RUT) moves much more than ES....usually 50%-100%. Last night it was a 300% differential (100-300). So people who trade for directional points shouldn't even waste their time with ES....cuz TF yeilds more and I think the RUT trades more technically than the S&P500. I have a program I'm testing now which trades the relative momentum between TF and NQ or ES.....NO Stops. That can't even be done manually. Its very cool.

I'll try to PM you....

Your email address is bouncing so PM won't work for you. You need to edit and fix your email address in your profile first.
I am interested but dont believe your methods alone would be enough