Darvas Boxes

I have always loved Darvas boxes ( if you don't know what they are google it) They work like a charm if the market is trending. Some simple rules I am looking for on a Darvas Boxes is....

1) Trade a break in the direction of the 30 min trend, interpreted via a 10 period EMA.
2) Don't take the first down break if the previous box was a bullish break, and visa versa.
3) Stops are placed at the other end of the box, and moved as the box falls rises or falls.

There are IMHO better than SAR's at placing stops.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Gracias Joe.

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

+9.00 today first day of week.
Great start to the week. Did you trade it today?
Joe, Looking at your chart it looks like on the first trade of the day you would have been stopped out at 1075.75 around 9:50. How did you know to stay with the trade? Thanks again for taking your time to answer questions.
Rainman99,

I took the last 2 trades my wife and I had our first Dr vist today, we saw our baby for the first time, looks like a jelly bean LOL. I didn't see that Stop thx for keeping it real. I'll get it fixed
Congrats on the baby! And no worries on that first trade, Im just trying to learn so I want to make sure Im not missing anything, thanks again
I also noticed today that if you keep your stop one box behind you would have cought the whole up move today with no stop outs. I wonder if you would get chopped to death if its not a trend day like today.
I have been doing well in FX land with it. 1hr-5min instead of 15min-1min
quote:
Originally posted by rainman99

I also noticed today that if you keep your stop one box behind you would have cought the whole up move today with no stop outs. I wonder if you would get chopped to death if its not a trend day like today.

I am sure I'll find out tommorrow. I have been keeping an eye on the 5min as well of late.
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

I have been doing well in FX land with it. 1hr-5min instead of 15min-1min

Hi CJ,

1. do you trade FX with 1hr-5min because it trends better?

tks
Joe: are you still using Darvas Boxes? There is a draw tool on Ninja Trader.