ES short term trading 6-2-10

Lots matching up again

86 - 87.5 rat and POC

81.25 Rat and Va low

75 - 77 Rat, weekly PV and current O/N high, breakdown point from YD aftrenoon *******

67 - 68 rat and current O/N low - YD low****

the MP players wll be watching to see if price is brought back uo into value today or if new value will be established lower from that late day spike. Usually after a consolidation and run out in the afternoon that closes on it's lows we get follow thorugh...so many will be trying to get short up in the 76 - 77 area in the O/N and target lows below YD's low

We know we will probably print at least two ratchets so we can watch which one prints first to try and establish which one will print second. This is being done in attempt to hold runner contracts longer with a good signal. My bias is short untill we trade below YD's lows, then we need to be thinking about the possible GAP AND RAT down at the 61 - 62 area. Below there is 56 area and another RAT. That may be an agressive goal. Goodluck today
i vaguely remember looking at something like that as it was mentioned on this board before. i dont think i found anything. i will take a look at it later in the day again though. can't hurt.

for now though i base my bias on Bruce's ratchet level and all of May's backtesting as a proof of concept.
they seem to be accepting the spike prices...so trade back to the open from hour high failure is due.....81.25 not traded
coming up against trendline resistance 1085-1086
Click image for original size
jun2
note that we've had a series of higher lows ever since the Asia overnite session.
Potential Trend day in the works, the setup is there for a rally in the afternoon, esp. if O/N hi acts as support
odds favor a test of a 30 minute previous low soon..
Short 87.50 for 2 pts
I'm still trying to get filled at air pocket 82.75
finally made a new session hi, but on way below avg. volume.
Bonds are selling off and Euro is recovering nicely from the European selloff.

But I'm thinking we need a pb to 1081-82 in order to increase the odds of an afternoon rally.
below 83.25 will finally give us our test of previosu 30 minute low..I'm averaged in at 86.50
correction 86.25 average
Click image for original size