ES Short Term Trading 7-30-10

So the POC is right at 1100 even:
http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/5894/2/value-areas-and-point-of-control-2010-q3#64840

Economic Events for Friday:

08:30 AM GDP
08:30 AM Employment Cost Index
09:45 AM Chicago PMI
09:55 AM Consumer Sentiment
03:00 PM Farm Prices

http://www.mypivots.com/trading/economicevents
and the battle is joined!!..LOL..
AMAZONG ISNT IT!...and not a single vote, lol.. out at 89.50,total profit just over 6 handles.. im outta here! good trading friends!
Originally posted by koolblue

AMAZONG ISNT IT!...and not a single vote, lol.. out at 89.50,total profit just over 6 handles.. im outta here! good trading friends!

Excellent call, have a great day! (gave you a vote-LOL)
From YD notes..82 - 84 is another key zone and contains the weekly pivot which we've talked about all week..I think we should revist the 93 area..more reports coming
we closed above your 90 number Mike on the 60 minute close so does that mean that 75 is off the table ? what is the trade now and or the upper target or plan based on 60 minute close.?..when u have time to answer...thanks

Good volume today and an open and drive so far
Thanks KB! Your tool really work, I have been using them and I am just amazed. I got 6 handles with one of your tools yesterday! Thanks again.

Originally posted by koolblue

My Morning Notes and My Trades so far.

Click link to access uploaded file:
Morning Notes - 07-30-10.PDF
POC from volume YD is 98.50
Originally posted by BruceM

we closed above your 90 number Mike on the 60 minute close so does that mean that 75 is off the table ? what is the trade now and or the upper target or plan based on 60 minute close.?..when u have time to answer...thanks

Good volume today and an open and drive so far

For me 1075 is off the table (it got hung up on weekly PP on the way)
It is screaming off the weekly PP pretty good, I would be looking long above weekly open of 1101 +/- which is where the last long weekly runup began 2/15-4/19

Good luck to all.
short at 1100.....97.75 is target
You're sharp,Wendy! Actually , i dont normally use fib retracements, just my Kools tools fib extentions. Sometimes, tho at what i feel may be an important high or low, I sometimes look around for any other kind of corraborating evidence to support my theory (like is there support or resistance here?,are any cycles topping or bottoming here,is this a previous high vol zone?,...etc). Probably just a confidence booster. I have never found fib retracements to be tradable. Doesnt mean they arnt, just not for me. In this case i believed the low was important in that i was looking for the daily low to be made here, and possibly for the next few sessions. I was caught a little off guard as if memory serves, i had just logged on 5-10 min before it occurred and really had no time for much study!. That in itself speaks to the power (and confidence i have) in my fib extentions. Hope this helps explain my view and actions a little better.