ES 4-7-11

ghost town today..starting short s at 34.50..Volume spike.....into old VPOC...33 is inititial target
no, no, no Lorn...that 's cool...I'm still trying to "walk" with MD... so for those who watch it a lot it may seem very basic...but my eyes are fairly new to MD.....I want to rewind and make sure I get down the basics.....

perhaps the daytrading threads aren't the place for my MD questions....? I'm not sure...what do you think..? I don't want to be a distraction...
Originally posted by Lorn

Bruce I'm not sure what your question is here. There is nothing to miss from your explanation of the action.

Price falls into the 22.50 area and rallies on large ask volume, which is what you would expect to see if buying was occurring.

On the retest of the volume node there was no significant bid volume meaning sellers weren't present and total volume is lower.

Price proceeds to rally.

No disrespect but can't get more text book than that.

Originally posted by BruceM

I made this quick video not because of ego or that I like to hear my own voice.....but I can't write on my IRT charts.....so these questions are to make sure that I understand a fundamental concept and to see if I interpreted that correctly....

Making a big effort to really learn this Delta stuff so I hope u don't think this is too extreme
No video below? Try this link: questions.swf

still Ib Paul....I need to take a good look with the 250 block filter.....I'll let you know how it works
Originally posted by PAUL9

You make it sound so simple, Lorn. Is it really?

it kind of looks that way, but....
thanks for your comments to Bruce

Bruce, are you still feeding that program with Interactive Broker's data or did you get a different feed?
Thanks Lorn

years ago when I was trying to use it, I didn't pay any attention to potential price points of interest.

and even though I read a couple of articles, interpretting in real-time was difficult, thus my discontinuation.
I gotta grab some lunch but I want to address this later Beyond....please check back later or I'll send you a reminder to your email
Originally posted by beyondMP

Originally posted by BruceM

I made this quick video not because of ego or that I like to hear my own voice.....but I can't write on my IRT charts.....so these questions are to make sure that I understand a fundamental concept and to see if I interpreted that correctly....

Making a big effort to really learn this Delta stuff so I hope u don't think this is too extreme
No video below? Try this link: questions.swf

Your explanation, after the fact, is as good as any other. I'm sure you are aware it is possible to create a "story" for any statistical coincidence(SC)that makes as much sense.

The important thing for me is to find those events or conditions that bring about changes in delta. This allows you to verify the effect in realtime. Changes in delta on the ES are the result of other influences. Find those influences, verify with a change in delta, you now have a truism (A leads to B, B leads to a known change in price direction).
BRUCE,
thanks for answering,
and don't stop posing your questions and observations.

I'm certainly getting re-interested in looking at it again and the more observations that can make sense, the more likely I will give it a go.

you're worried about posting questions and observations here? That's why these forums are here, aren't they?
Yea what Paul said. Keep em here at least in regards to the ES.
Originally posted by Lorn

This is why I only pay attention to delta at levels of interest...

ie.

O/N high/low
YD RTH high/low
Volume nodes...etc

Just be aware, those are SC's. Trading using an SC is different than trading a truism. SC trading is what most traders do, use some information point-put on the trade-try to manage the trade, etc. Truism trading is identify an "event"-verify the event-put the trade on- take the trade off when the conditions of the event change.
In the spirit of Bruce's questions about Mkt Delta, I would like to know where I should post questions I have with respect to the various charting packages and data providers you are all using for Mkt Profile analysis. Is this the place to post those questions, or should I post them in some other part of the Forum?

I have been trading for years, and late last fall I began to take an interest in learning more about Mkt Profile. I have conducted a ton of research, such as the use of Mkt Delta Charting with Data from Infinity, or using Investor RT with DTN data, etc, etc. I am sure you who have been trading Mkt Profile for a long time have also done your homework, so I would love to hear "why" you made the choices you made, what you would do different if anything, etc.

Thanks again for any sharing you can provide here.
Hi guys. I am in and out today - getting ready for a trip to Europe - will be back after Easter. WIll pop in and out today and tomorrow.

Bruce, that was pretty good interpretation. I would read the same.

For me it is also important to see the effort to break the price level - one cannot see it on a static charts I was posting, especially the "point and figure" one I am using. So video would be good for that. Market Delta software let you replay the action.

As I mentioned before I would not filter by lot size, as you would miss accumulative orders (multiples at the same price). FWIW.

I am here until Saturday, if you have questions, but may be busy during the day.
I'm hoping your going to help us or explain to us what you think is important --- What influences are important to you? We've talked in here about divergences in Volume and $tick...divergences with other markets...all can lead to a better interpretation of Delta...or at least better zones to look for changes in delta

So I know you don't want to keep us guessing here....There are loads of things one can look at and hopefully you will continue to share what helps you set the context for a delta flip..

Thanks for joining us Beyond...I look forward to your insights

Originally posted by beyondMP

The important thing for me is to find those events or conditions that bring about changes in delta. This allows you to verify the effect in realtime. Changes in delta on the ES are the result of other influences. Find those influences, verify with a change in delta, you now have a truism (A leads to B, B leads to a known change in price direction).
Thank you very much Day Trader. I will check them out over the weekend. Appreciate the sharing nature of the forums here. Have a solid trading day and a great weekend coming up!!