ES Monday 1-9-12

Here's what I've got for my ES MAP of PASR ZONES using a 30min chart of 20 days of data coming into Monday's trading. The Red lines are potential significant levels with Magenta lines as semi-significant. The White dashed lines are the Weekly Pivots. Have one Yellow line for a Fib cluster fwiw. The Light Blue Volume Profile of the past "rolling" 20 days is displayed on the right vertical axis. The Gray background shows non-RTH price activity. Hope, as always, that this is helpful to some as a "MAP."

Click image for original size
es monday 1912 30min sr

Primary price levels/zones I'm looking at:

1289-90 PASR level / Daily R2 (RTH calcs and others) / Fib cluster

1280-82 PASR Zone / Daily R1

1274-75 Daily Mid Pvt (all trading hours) / VolProfile HVN on 20 day “rolling” and on 1 and 2 day as well

1259-61 PASR Zone

1250 Minor PASR / Wkly Pvt

Bruce posted a chart showing a well-shaped bell curve (MP I think) ... and looking at the daily ES chart shows the old fashioned "ascending triangle" (for now). The idea being that a strong push out of this area is likely (up or down), but based on the multi-frame chart patterns and price action ... for me, tends to favor a break to the upside within a day or few this week. Just my "read" for now.
second try from 69.75...
covered at hour lows ...one runner to try for 74 as that is still magnet price...these quick trades are too fast to post entries effectively....

but I saw all the volume come in above the hour breakdown and then it dried up as it went lower...
no apology needed Lisa...it's all cool with me !!
72 has a wall up there
revising target on final to 72.75...70 print will take this out if wrong
Bruce, do you or did you trade euro futures or crude?
go man go man
a few weeks ago somebody asked me about stops and I responded with this long rant basically saying that I don't use stops....

That wasn't completely accurate..

while that is true when I enter, I quite often use stops on runner contracts as I prefer not to watch those as agressively...in other words..once I hit an initial target I usually will use stops especially if I only have one or two contracts left working.

no sense turning a good campaign into a bad one.
No..only the emini...it's like a 4th child to me...

sometimes it behaves well and sometimes it gets a bit wild and uncontrollable
Originally posted by vasuki

Bruce, do you or did you trade euro futures or crude?
peak volume from day session sits at 72.75....!!
@ADD LINE moving up tick to for a change