ES Tuesday July 24th

ES set to open in the value area from Monday and the Overnight range is bounded by the day session value area too. Look to fade extremes and target the middle of the value area from yesterdays RTH session.

Above yesterdays Highs I have 53.50 and then 57 .
I look at 30 second chart or less as a volume profile just so I can see the ACTUAL high volume tic with a volume histogram in the lower pane......so once a see big volume spikes then I want to know at what exact price created the volume spike...

You could use a tic chart with a volume histogram and accomplish the same and perhaps there are better visual aides.....but if you get into longer term time frames then price has a chance to back and fill and it will alter the exact volume tic sometimes
Originally posted by NickP

bruce r u looking at the 1m bars to determine the the volume levels like 36.25 ?
thanks

Originally posted by BruceM

I look at 30 second chart or less as a volume profile just so I can see the ACTUAL high volume tic with a volume histogram in the lower pane......so once a see big volume spikes then I want to know at what exact price created the volume spike...

You could use a tic chart with a volume histogram and accomplish the same and perhaps there are better visual aides.....but if you get into longer term time frames then price has a chance to back and fill and it will alter the exact volume tic sometimes

bruce r u looking at the 1m bars to determine the the volume levels like 36.25 ?

that big volume came in at 34.75...so you know where 3 - 4 points down from there is if one is assuming it is sellers
I'm buying into 28.75 with a 3 point hard stop and small !!! Time for some lunch...new big volume at 29.50 now
with you Bruce, at 29.50
admit it, u thought i was off the reservation when u read this and the market went to 39.75....look at the area i mentioned feeling good abt and looked where we stopped...long from 28.5, 30.5 first target

i think there is an ok chance we take out yest lows and travel down to the 26-28.5 area, where i will try some longs....30-32 comes before that but i feel much better abt the former than the latter

i think ultimately we are gonna revisit the 19-20 area before all is said and done (not today of course !)
trying for 31.25 and will take loss at new lows and try again if we hit down into 26.75....3 points up from 29.50 is 32.50....so we will sson see who this was....buyers or sellers ?
groovy man...great call !!

admit it, u thought i was off the reservation when u read this and the market went to 39.75....look at the area i mentioned feeling good abt and looked where we stopped...long from 28.5, 30.5 first target

i think there is an ok chance we take out yest lows and travel down to the 26-28.5 area, where i will try some longs....30-32 comes before that but i feel much better abt the former than the latter

i think ultimately we are gonna revisit the 19-20 area before all is said and done (not today of course !)

thanks bruce, second target for me is 32, right before the air fill level at 32.25...stop at b/e on the few left...
China GDP contracted - that was the news. Slow to filter here
bloomberg...