ES 5-2-13

I think 83.75 will be critical today. Yesterday had a poor high and now the Overnight high is up there too. The selloff happened on low volume So I have a more bullish view today.

Dalton says that most good highs and lows donot happen in the Overnight session so if that is true then the highs up above 1595 will get broken soon. We have a POC at 90.25 too.

My initial plan will be to try and buy the Va low at 81.50 or sell above the VA highs....83.75 is a better target I think but if we open 2 points above that then I will try and buy it. If we open 2 points below it I will try to sell it but these trades will be smaller for me as I don't like buying /selling at POC's

I will be less aggressive on shorts today as I am concerned that if all the shorts get trapped above yesterdays RTH highs than this may move up move further and don't want to be on the wrong side of that.

One additional thing I will watch for is to see if they blow right hrough the VA low into the low volume at 79.50...that may set up a good long to go retest the VA lows ...I will apply this same concept to the 79.50 LVN...so if they blow through it down to yesterdays lows then I will try to buy down there for the 79.50 retest..

Damn this crap is hard to type...I sure wish my kids would get better for many different reasons.

So much of what trades I will take will depend on where we open in relation to yesterdays VA and things have changed since I started typing this

In general I like to see things open at least 2 points from an area I want to trade from..this way my fades have the possibility to return to the open and get two points of profit

Further down I will try to buy under 1574...hope to do a video later
correction..86.50 is a better POC today than the one derived from classic MP bars !!
Originally posted by BruceM

...We have a POC at 90.25 too....

What POC are you referring to at 90.25? On my charts, the one from 4/30 is at 91.50.
look at yesterdays thread and the chart I posted...day session only POC...lemme know if you don't see it
we have two sets of single prints today and no retest yet of the VA high after pushing through it on high volume by 2 points or more...!

anything over 92 satisfied the 1.5 the IB players...now if they can get twice the IB today then they will take out the 95 area I mentioned this morning...something to keep in mind if trying fades up here

volume building at 92.25 now !!
I have taken one small short trade up here and will try two more times in order to try and get the 89's to fill in
biggest 30 minute volume bars of the week so fading up here needs to be real selective if done at all. I can't find anything now !
I'm standing aside until we get outside the tuesday highs again and will also look above 1595 for entries...at least if we have some room we can target that volume at 92.25 first to make it worth trying fades up here

r they going to make a third set of singles on new highs..? They certainly could but it's not a high probability
Originally posted by BruceM

look at yesterdays thread and the chart I posted...day session only POC...lemme know if you don't see it

I saw your chart that you were referring to. However, on my chart, POC from 4/30 showed up as 91.50. Anyway, it's in the rear view mirror, for now.
could be a data feed issue with my IB data that feeds the charts I post stockster...

here is my description of what I was trying to type in this morning...

pictures are so much better !!
No video below? Try this link: Thursbabble.swf

not fading anymore..I think this market has bigger and higher plans for us soon..Like the 95.50 highs...bonds closing soon and often this is a bullish time...bottom line is it's not worth fighting for me now

keys going forward are 87 - 88 and 90 - 91 !!
just went flat 2 tics under entry from a what seemed like a long time ago