ES Monday 11-17-14

Volatility numbers for the day. We have already touched the 1/2 band in O/N

Click image for original size
iv111714
I was holding for the O/N mid point but since it bounced back to above the entry price, I no longer so value in the trade and therefore bailed. As it turns out, that was the right call because then I was able to retry a short from 36.75 (daily PP) and succeed in getting to the 30min VPOC

Originally posted by ChrisTinaBruce

My point is be able to explain to someone else why you enter a trade and until that changed stay with the trade.
You missed the point...just trying to help.
Mine did not show it. Still shows at 35

Originally posted by radyk

Looks like VPOC shifted up here to 36.50
I get your point but my trading preference is to keep it quick. I am only trading 1 contract. If I were trading multiple contracts I would have the benefit of holding and perhaps adding even.
The trigger for the trade was resistance. Which it provided but my target was not hit. So the trigger was gone and the "juice" from the trade was over so I had to get out.

Hope that makes sense.

You missed the point...just trying to help.
Using IB definitely shifted but now back to 35...data source differences are crazy
The point is to have a reason for every trade.
Losing traders are looking for an entry. Wining traders decide where to enter.
Agree. Mine was showing quite a bit of difference at 36.5 and it did not look like it was going to shift anytime soon.

Originally posted by radyk

Using IB definitely shifted but now back to 35...data source differences are crazy
Again, I did have a reason to enter the trade, it did not go as far as I thought it would, got back to entry and so the reason was no longer valid.

That is enough reason for me to exit a trade and if you disagree with it, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree

The point is to have a reason for every trade.
i'm on the 38 short....seeing they are gonna leave singles behind at that 36....targeting greenie at 36.50
value is ovelapping to lower so those trying to get O/N midpoint should eventually hit that but you certainly wouldn't want this to get back above Fridays Va high