Square roots

Hello Mypivots,

As of this writting the High on the ES was 1254. If we take the low this A.M. @ 1243.75 and get the Square root which is 35.26684 and add (since it was a low, If it were a high then I would subtract .146) then I square the number by itself i.e. 35.26684 + .146 = 35.41284 now we square 35.41284 x 35.41284 =1254.06 or 1254 which was this A.M.s first high. I didn't trade since I didn't have another signal. I missed a great short, but I would rather follow my rules then trade on a whim. Also .25 works good and .382.

Todays high 1254, find Square root and subtract .25 and square it is 1236.3 or 1236.5, this may be a good trade since 1256 is another one of my numbers.

Happy trading
Joe
Todays High thus far 1263 was Square root +.25 from the low @ 12:40, and the ES was hitting the 200ma on the 30 min chart. ANd the RSI was oversold for the first time since may. A nice 10 point fall so far.
btw the low today was Sq root -.25 from the high at 9:45.
that 1263.00 sq rt confirmed a resistance I had marked yesterday
The topic was getting way off in "any one trying shorts?" so I am going to post my reply to Ian here;

Its up to the trader. I use it daily, I have a note book where I write all my numbers (very close to whats here on the site under daily notes) I write the previous days high/low square root numbers, any other important hi/lo sq root numbers and I leave a section blank at the bottom for intra-day .146 swings.

I have found a great filter as well. And it happened today. Yesterday's low was 875.25 that sq rooted + .146 x2 was 883.91 and the high was 883.5 so since that was beautiful set-up (user defined) I will bypass the sq root .146 from the high high 883.5's square root -.146 x2 =874.84.
Guys what are you talking about?

Is there a primer on this?, I know Gann uses square of nine

quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

The topic was getting way off in "any one trying shorts?" so I am going to post my reply to Ian here;

Its up to the trader. I use it daily, I have a note book where I write all my numbers (very close to whats here on the site under daily notes) I write the previous days high/low square root numbers, any other important hi/lo sq root numbers and I leave a section blank at the bottom for intra-day .146 swings.

I have found a great filter as well. And it happened today. Yesterday's low was 875.25 that sq rooted + .146 x2 was 883.91 and the high was 883.5 so since that was beautiful set-up (user defined) I will bypass the sq root .146 from the high high 883.5's square root -.146 x2 =874.84.

Thanks Joe;

I haven't seen this thread in awhile. Good refresher. I noticed we
were trading in the 1250 area when this thread was written..lol
quote:

Thanks for this Joe. Sorry about the lateness of my reply as I didn't notice this post til now.

I have searched for the
"very close to whats here on the site under daily notes"
but cannot find it. Can you give me a link to it please?

re:"I have found a great filter as well. And it happened today."
You don't speak of this filter in your post do you (not prying for secrets just want to make sure I'm not missing something).

Thanks,

Ian
close to numbers as in NR7, WR7, highs, lows, pivots, weekly pivots ect ect...I have some extra things as prime numbers, sq nine, and dated sq 9#'s

http://www.mypivots.com/dn/?symbol=189

I feed most of these numbers into an alert system on e-signal every day after the close.
quote:

close to numbers as in NR7, WR7, highs, lows, pivots, weekly pivots ect ect...I have some extra things as prime numbers, sq nine, and dated sq 9#'s

http://www.mypivots.com/dn/?symbol=189

I feed most of these numbers into an alert system on e-signal every day after the close.

Thanks Joe,

I don't really understand it all (NR7, WR7, sq nine, dated sq9#) nevertheless I appreciate the help and I'll catch on in a bit ;-)

I did understand the square root method you shared and have added to my spreadsheet. I found +- root1/7 and root1/4 have worked well.

Have a nice weekend

Ian
quote:

1248 was Square root -.146 from high 1250.25 was daily pivot 1249 was Prime number

Longed @ 1249.25 +2points.

Hi Joe,
I've been reading your posts on the MyPivots.com forum under the square roots topic - fascinating. I just can't seem to get the same numbers as you sometimes. Please correct my error as you wrote:
"1248 was Square root -.146 from high 1250.25 was daily pivot 1249 was Prime number

Longed @ 1249.25 +2points. "
So my calculation is to square root the high, so SQRT(1250.25) =35.358874.
Next I subtract .146, so 35.358874-.146=35.212874
Next I square that, which is 1239.95, but you got 1248. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your valuable insight. If you ever come up to Canada, I owe you a dinner out!
Chris
London, Ontario
Chris,

You did it right, mine may have been human error or typo....but you are doing it right. If my fly fishing ever takes me to Canada I'll take you up on it.