ES short term trading 5-6-10

Most of these are being generated from the weekly chart..

57.50 - O/N low , yesterdays afternoon rally point

62-64 - LTP in ON, VA low,PP and POCP

70 - all that volume and VA high

75 - 77 air pocket and R1 ...Magnet ******

85 - 87.50 air pocket and r2

94 - 98 combination of LTP's and HTP

****Gap at 66.25 in O/N data so those reading get short up here at 68.50...most still sleeping so you'll miss this one
hey Ak1...u r getting negative votes so from now on don't make the post or trade log unless you follow with an explaination.....

we need to work from a viewpoint that the poster has a responsibility to post the reasons and not wait for people to ask the questions....

otherwise you have your Mumbo Jumbo thread for these...so I'm gonna go delete them...feel free to repost with explainations if you wish in this thread
Creep........
Wow I had no idea that doubling my contract size would send the market into such a frenzy.
Sometimes I get messed up too
you some Johnny Walker RED...and some explainations of trades!!!
LOL
Originally posted by myptofvu

Wow I had no idea that doubling my contract size would send the market into such a frenzy.
Originally posted by BruceM

you some Johnny Walker RED...and some explainations of trades!!!

I would prefer Budweiser instead. Today need to cool my head and heals. Got the run today. Afternoons are a real challenge.
Big time dittos on this. When all hell breaks loose like today, pretty much everything, on trade analysis (no matter what style) goes out the window - period! And then it's "mostly" a gambler's chance to put on a trade ... the best thing to do is simply stand aside and watch the fireworks with the drink of choice in hand.

This isn't meant to insult any particular method and hopefully the newbie or casual reader will realize that no method is perfect. When we trend we can throw everything out the window:

and that includes...

Kools tools
Bruce'; Air pockets
Monkey lines
Fibs
pivots
high and lows
Gann
Market profile
Vwap

anything you can think of..

Hopefully the folks who sit back and read these posts realize that you need some form of money management or experience to know when to say "Uncle"

This is one of the reasons I go lighter in the afternoon...the market trends better...rarely do you see this in the morning...except for like a 9/11 situation..etc...but it does happen

Anyway I'm sitting back with a glass of Johnny walker Red and thanking the good god above for key numbers and just plain dumb luck....

I'm glad I was here to experience that!
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Big time dittos on this. When all hell breaks loose like today, pretty much everything, on trade analysis (no matter what style) goes out the window - period! And then it's "mostly" a gambler's chance to put on a trade ... the best thing to do is simply stand aside and watch the fireworks with the drink of choice in hand.

This isn't meant to insult any particular method and hopefully the newbie or casual reader will realize that no method is perfect. When we trend we can throw everything out the window:

and that includes...

Kools tools
Bruce'; Air pockets
Monkey lines
Fibs
pivots
high and lows
Gann
Market profile
Vwap

anything you can think of..

Hopefully the folks who sit back and read these posts realize that you need some form of money management or experience to know when to say "Uncle"

This is one of the reasons I go lighter in the afternoon...the market trends better...rarely do you see this in the morning...except for like a 9/11 situation..etc...but it does happen

Anyway I'm sitting back with a glass of Johnny walker Red and thanking the good god above for key numbers and just plain dumb luck....

I'm glad I was here to experience that!

This what happen when trading "bots" takes over. All analysis by humans gone to waste. Pretty scary.
The real cause(?) for the market crash on May 06, 2010...

Read at Reuters..."Exclusive: Waddell is mystery trader in market plunge"
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64D42W20100514